Peter Friedmans performances

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have noticed that in most of The Muppet Show episodes that peter Friedman performed in, he normally got at least one big role. However, most of those roles were in music numbers, where the voices were mostly pre-recorded. I have read that Jim Henson did the actual performing of the lead singer in I'm My Own Grampaw while peter friedman performed the voice. If he did do some actual performing, then why did somebody else have to work the puppet?

I do think that he actually performed on the show, since he didn't perform any voices in the Peter Ustinov episode. I have wathced soem group scenes in the episodes that he performed in and judging by the number of muppets in those scenes that the number of pairs of hands (if pairs were needed) matched the number of performers listed in the credits.

Also, I believe that hew as a temporary replacement for Jerry Nelson in the first season. If Henson was lookign for a replacement puppeteer, then it would be odd for Jim Henson to hire somebody who could only do voices.

of course, three of Peter Friedmans five episodes from the first season also had other performers who didn't normally perform on the show. Cynthia Addler performed in two of these episodes, and Rollin Krewson performed in the Sandy Dunchan episode.

Does anybody know what epsiodes from the third season featured Peter Friedman? I know that he performed the carrot in the Gilda Radner episode, and that he was in the Leo Sayer episode. Did he perform any voices in the Leo sayer episode, or in all of his other third season appearances?

Interestingly, the Sandy Dunchan episode is the only first episode he was in where he performed two different voices (the crocodile and the banana).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Interestingly, the Sandy Dunchan episode is the only first episode he was in where he performed two different voices (the crocodile and the banana).
I eant to say that this is the only first season epsiode where he performed multiple voices. For some reason my computer wouldn't let me edit my post. This is the first time i was prevented from editing.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
He was also in the Roy Clark and Pearl Bailey episodes. I believe he voiced the lead singing fireman in the Roy Clark UK Spot.

He was also the lead Ragg Mopp in the Lena Horne episode and Andre the Artist in the Candice Bergen episode.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I already knew what all of the first season episodes that Peter Friedman performed in. I just didn't know what all of his third season performances were.