Photobucket Ransoming Users Accounts

Schfifty

Reaction score
I think I have a solution for displaying images on third-party sites.

I discovered that you can get images to be displayed on third-party sites if you open the URL for the image (right-clicking it, copy the URL, paste it to the address bar, and go to it), view it on the Photobucket site, then immediately backtrack to the third-party site with the missing image. I just tested this on a thread here, and the pictures display just fine. Annoying part is, you'd have to repeat this procedure several times if you wanna see multiple images in a thread.

Hopefully the developers don't catch onto this trick and get rid of it.

muppethammer2

Reaction score
If I ever had some images on Photobucket that I used for forums, if any, I'm not going to pay $400 just to gain back privileges to use my Photobucket images on websites. I have more important things to buy than that. It's a shame how a lot of images throughout the internet got lost due to this shady business decision.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Great, now PostImage is being affected. Their registered domain has been completely shut down for seemingly no reason, but unlike Photobucket, PostImage isn't ransoming anybody, but to link images, you now have to go back and edit image URLs to redirect to postimages.cc instead of .org.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Great, now PostImage is being affected. Their registered domain has been completely shut down for seemingly no reason, but unlike Photobucket, PostImage isn't ransoming anybody, but to link images, you now have to go back and edit image URLs to redirect to postimages.cc instead of .org.
That's probably why @BlakeConor14's images aren't showing up.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yeah that really wound me up this morning. It was playing up last night and has crashed this morning.

That's probably why @BlakeConor14's images aren't showing up.
Could be