Photos of my first puppet

Lizzie's Lair

Reaction score
Hi, finally I can post some photos of my first ever puppet! I would love some feedback on how I could improve my design etc. I am also struggling with what to use as arm rods as his arms are quite heavy and the suggested wires I've read about just buckle under the weight. Any ideas on an alternative? Any guidance you could give to a newbie that has the muppet bug would be much appreciated. Thanks!

callmemilo

Reaction score
Wow! He's huge, colourful and very cool to look at! I like him :smile:
My only suggestion would be to align the pupils of the eyes, so he can focus on people when talking to them.

Animal31

Reaction score
Welding rods may work, but for something that large, I would have amybe considered making him a glove puppet.....But nice work nontheless!

crazy chris

Reaction score
VERY HUGE!! hee hee

i agree with animal... by converting it to "glove" puppet you also will disperse some of the weight of the puppet onto the arm that you use for the hand... its a win win!

i bet that guys like draggin a body around...lol

cc

Lizzie's Lair

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll see how I go converting him to a glove puppet. Might need to do some more research first! He is kinda heavy Chris but he sits nicely in my lap so it's okay! Callmemilo, the eyes are really the aspect I like least and I've struggled with them. I'll see if I can improve them any further.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Goochman

Reaction score
I use welding rods for my arm rods, they're very light but very sturdy. I bet they could hold the weight. I get the 1/8" ones at Lowes