Piano Wire for Arm Rods?

FoamAndFleece

Reaction score
Trying to make my first arm rods, and I heard about using piano wire, but there are many different thicknesses. Which thickness is best? Thanks!!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
From what I've heard and used, 3/32 of an inch seems to work pretty well. Someone told me about that and I've used it since.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a hobby store all the way out in Farragut (a posh town that got cocky and succeeded from Knoxville quite some time back) that usually specializes in models (model trains, model planes, etc), where I usually have gotten scaled-down items for my SST scale model, but the last time I was there, I saw they had a small aisle for musical items, including piano wires, and I thought something like this could possibly work fairly well as puppet rods, and would be a lot less of a hassle than undoing and straightening out coat hangers. I haven't tried them out yet, but I do plan to to see if it makes a difference or not.

Edradour

Reaction score
I've found 3/32 piano wire at ACE hardware also. It works really well for arm rods. I use one of these to shape the wire: