1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

pick 3 celebrities for fraggle movie

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by MrsWembly, Dec 13, 2006.

1. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

If you had to pick three celebs to be in Fraggle Rock the Movie, who would you pick? :smirk: :excited:
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Well, if John Denver were still living, he'd be at the very top of my list. Not only because of his close relationship with Jim Henson and the Muppets, but also because his music is so similar to the style that the Fraggles had.

Here are a few names off the top of my head that I feel would work:
    Matthew Broderick
    Dakota Fanning
    Jamie Fox
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I completely agree with John Denver and Matthew Broderick. Matthew's continued to be a great actor, despite his getting older and changing roles. :)
  4. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It would be darling if Dakota Fanning was in it, that would seriously be pretty neat. I can see Jamie Foxx as well working with the fraggles.
  5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Here are my three

William H. Macy
    Christopher Lloyd
    Will Ferrell
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I would love to see Christopher Lloyd. He's got the right personality and we haven't seen him for years!

Lol, I feel bad latching on to everyone else's choices when I haven't come up with any myself yet! Now I know how Wembley feels!

Gobo: "Hey Wembley, what if it were you?"
    Wembley: "You?!"
    Gobo: "Or me?"
    Wembley: "Me?! Wow!"
  7. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

I want the Fraggles to sing a ska song with any ska band
    Dana Carvey to play the drums with the Fraggles
    and me
  8. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Will Ferrell definately...!! he hasnt done anything with the muppets...its about time!!!
  9. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

My top 3: Christopher Walken, Harry Belafonte and Andy Richter.
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Will Ferell, Bill Cosby, and Robin Williams. That would be my dream come true.
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

You know, Prawnie, I thought about Robin Williams too, but I think even he would be a little too intense for a Fraggle production. If it were just a cameo, yes, but not in a bigger supporting role. Even though I love the man to death!
  12. Faylo

Faylo Member

Dakota Fanning, Ellen Degeneres and... Hmm.
    Maybe a muppeteer cameo?
    Or why not get us MC people. :)
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh, that's definitely what I was thinking too. Actually, I was thinking cameo status for all these people.
  14. superboober

superboober Member

My top choices would probably be:

-Macaulay Culkin
    -Tony Shalhoub
    -Catherine O'Hara

And although I don't know if he can act, for some reason Donovan McNabb stands out, perhaps because he cuts a family-friendly image (although if they got creative they could run with it; perhaps Traveling Matt comes into Texas Stadium and comes upon him going at it verbally with Terrell Owens and marks it down as Silly Creature behavior. Or not...).

Were John Candy still here, I'd put him down hands down.
  15. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Harry Belafonte, Ellen Degeneres and Tom Hanks. :excited:

John Denver would be my first choice too if he was still alive.
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I like the Tom Hanks choice. well thought out
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'd say Jenifer Coolage (she's crazy, yet hilarious...somehwat looks lik the Trashheap, actually...though maybe she isn't child-friendly...), Robbie Williams (singer, not Robin Williams actor), and...hmm...Tom Hanks would be a good choice so I'll agree with you guys on that.
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Beau, I am not so sure that Robbie Williams is child friendly either. I always think of that video where he rips his skin off
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well that's true...but his songs do have many meaningfull and complex words, and his diverse singing style does match that of the Fraggles.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I understand that it is just the other stuff that scares me.