Pics of my Homemade Muppets

BorkBork

Reaction score
Okay, i promised some pics of my beaker. He's not a puppet, more of a doll, or a model of beaker :smile:

Here he is

Beaker 1 Beaker 2 Beaker 3

I am also making a sam eagle puppet/doll, and here's the head from that, made today:

Sam 1 Sam 2 Sam 3 Sam 4

These are my very first puppets. So maybe they are not so perfect, but i will practice to get more skills. I will make another sam as soon as i have finished this one. Then i will be more exact :smile:

Hope ya like 'em

/Anders

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Couldn't see Beeker-- kept getting 'server not found' errors-- but Sam looks great! Very impressive for a first try (actually, it would be impressive if it weren't your first try).

Did you sculpt from a big piece of foam or use long thinner pieces to form the shape? How is the mouth movement?

Good job! Hope you show us pictures when you get the body done....

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as Muppet Quilter. I really like how Sam looks and can't wait to see him with a torso.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I am glad you like'em. If you can't see beaker, right-click and choose properties. Cut and paste the url into a new browser.

Sam is made by, just as beaker, sleeping pads. You know the thin matresses you have with you when you are camping. Its easy to make a tube-puppet out of that. It's also easy to make shapes as the beak with it.
Mouth movement...hmm big problem for me. There wasn't fleece enough to make the lower jaw thick enough to stick your fingers into it. Maybe there should be a mechaninsm for that.

Also, when i folded the fleece over to the inside of the mouth (lower jaw), it got very wrinkeled. It actually looks very ugly inside his mouth, so i'm thinking of closing his mouth with glue, and just make a sculpture/model of sam.

He also has some other flaws. His top of the head, i made as a hat. The seems was meant to go under the "hat", so you wouldnt see them. But they go on the outside of the puppet. I hope you get what i mean.

But, as i said, it's my first try, and i think it was *kind of* easy to make him THAT alike, so with a little more practise i hope to make an almost perfect replica. You just neet a little imagination, to solve some of the problems.

I also tried to make a kermit a cuple of months ago. But he is harder than you might think. I had the same problem there, with the folding of the fleece in his mouth. If anyone knows how i can get by this problem, please tell me. Is it covered in the foam book? I orderd that some days ago, so i'm looking forward to reading it.

/Anders

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nope, just something in Swedish telling me that they weren't there. But I did see them yesterday. What characters are you thinking of doing next?

BorkBork

Reaction score
first i am thinking of getting sam complete.
Then i *really* want a try on Fozzie, maybe scooter after that :smile:

Who knows, maybe i do the whole muppet cast, haha.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good choices. That Fozzie fur may proove to be tricky. I'd like to see your solution to that. You do some really good work. Is Gonzo ever a possibility. He's probably the toughest Muppet to draw correctly, he'd make a challenging puppet too.

BorkBork

Reaction score
You, know, i forgot to mention that i want to make a gonzo puppet.

You might think that he's really hard to make because of his nose. Well, when i make a gonzo i have a plan, hehe.

I will make his nose straight. Yup, you read right. Anmd then i will put a steel wire inside it, and bend it. Clever, right, hehe :smile:

It will be really cool to see if i manage to do it. I will not settle until i have tried, lol.