Pig Goat Banana Cricket

Drtooth

Reaction score
A little, but not much.

There's something about this episode that really popped. Maybe it was because they all shared an antagonist, and each one of their vignettes revolved around how they had to deal with the Ham Shank family. I love how they took the cliche trailer trash southerner stereotype and played around with it until it became a parody of itself. Almost turned them into Grouches as well. There's an amazing over the topness about this series, and I'm glad it extended to them.

But I think the real moment of insanity was Pig falling in love with a Ham Shank because...well... yeah. That's so incredibly wrong that it turns around and becomes devious. And it was the heart warming moment of the episode too, and it totally worked.

There was some real good Banana play here. Didn't mince words that he's food and somehow immortal like a certain sentient slice of pizza from another batcrap insane cartoon. Love how he can come out of a sprinkler as mush and be perfectly normal in a scene or two.

And now that the Ham Shanks and PGBC are tight, I hope to see more of the Hams. Especially since they have the potential to be even more of a threat to PGBC as friends.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What are these things supposed to be, anyway? Superhero rejects or something? I don't get the dynamics of what their characters are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The super hero thing was one episode only. They're just wacky roommates that deal with an event (say a new neighbor) in 4 different vignettes that start connected, split off, and end connected. All I know is Pig is a gluttonous idiot (I'd say a mix of Hector from Sanjay and Craig, given the voice actor, and Billy from Grim Adventures), Goat's an artsy hippy type with anger issues, Banana's a selfish jerk, and Cricket is the scientist pining for goat.

That said, ugh with all the promotion they've given this show, Nick's Saturday Morning line up is another Spongebob Marathon again. This is very disappointing. Nick has 5 cartoon shows currently in production outside of Spongebob, and other than the fact TMNT came out of it's overly long hiatus with 3 episodes recently, Sanjay and Craig and Harvey Beaks returned with one episode each before going back to hiatus. TMNT's future is secure due to the merchandising, but I'd hate to see any of the other cartoons (yes, even Breadwinners) turn out like Mighty B or El Tigre and disappear as quickly as they started. OR WORSE! Like TUFF Puppy and spend 2-3 years slowly dumping the rest of the episodes on Nicktoons. At the very least, Harvey Beaks deserves better than that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Justin Roiland? What are you doing in my Pig Goat Banana Cricket? I really wish that Psychopath Giraffe didn't just disappear from the episode after the Pig segment.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Justin Roiland? What are you doing in my Pig Goat Banana Cricket? I really wish that Psychopath Giraffe didn't just disappear from the episode after the Pig segment.
That giraffe really stole the show. I hope he returns in a future episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Him and Armpit Willie in "Chronicals of Cutesachusettes." I really think these tertiary characters, be they recurring or not, are just incredibly wild and steal the show with their short appearances.

Lipstick Horse.

Drtooth

Reaction score
HEY! A whale that sounds like Griz!

I'm really starting to dig this show. Turning the "you don't believe in my dream, but I'm going to make it" trope to something only they would do and paintings stealing themselves because they're too bored to be in a museum? Great to see they got a song by Pig in there. Matt Jones can really sing! Knew he had some sick rapping skills from Sanjay and Craig.

Also loved seeing Banana not liking a taste of his own medicine, and begging for the Rhino boss back, and Cricket flipping out about not being able to go back to normal size. About time they mention the fact that, like most crickets, he can jump high. I will say the tie in ending was a little...a bit of a stretch, but those stories were some of the most varied in the short run of the show so far.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also loved seeing Banana not liking a taste of his own medicine, and begging for the Rhino boss back, and Cricket flipping out about not being able to go back to normal size. About time they mention the fact that, like most crickets, he can jump high. I will say the tie in ending was a little...a bit of a stretch, but those stories were some of the most varied in the short run of the show so far.
I liked how they (minus Banana) all used their skills in the end to save the day.

mr3urious

Reaction score
OK, I enjoyed the latest episode more than I should, and it was mainly because of Banana and Goat's storylines. The former for trying to get revenge on his boss for destroying his video game by suing him only to get lucky with capturing Psychopath Giraffe (cue studio audience cheering and applauding), who he was told to keep an eye out for; the latter because of Goat's little sister refusing to leave her alone Droopy-style every time she tries to escape her.

And because it's totally appropriate in this context, I hope that giraffe gets this punishment: :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt very much it's the actual case, but DJ Wheelbarrow Full of Nachos somehow sounds like something from a Justin Roiland cartoon, probably even something from an Interdimensional TV episode of Rick and Morty. Especially considering he played the radio DJ who was the first to mention him.

Loved the fact they made the most idiotic contrivances possible in this one. Banana's storyline ended so incredibly forced and random there's no way it could have been done straight. Not to mention Pig saving the President of the Planet with a pickle. Nice little stab at that whole live saving 180 cliche. Darned if the Pickle Prohibition stuff wasn't fun too.