Piggy statue

Muppet Dudemang

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Ahh, just wondering I seem to remember a muppet moment where somebody turns Miss Piggy into a statue. I'm not to sure what reaaly happened or where this came from because I only saw this a few times when I was very young, it seemed to really scare me asw well because I always ran out of the room when this bit came on. Does anybody know what happened or what it was from? :confused: Thanks guys.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Tony Randall was trying out some spells in his dressing room. And he turned her into stone.
Tony tried to hide piggy from kermit but he discovers what happend and piggy is placed down at kermits desk where Floyd and Fozzie makes jokes of it.
Tony also tried some more spells and none of them worked, at least they did not work on piggy but scooter goes into serveral changes.
Piggy was later on PIS as a statue where they actually turned her into her normal self with the help of one of the leavers. However she complaiend so much that they turned her into stone again.
In the last number with Tony the Piggy statue was placed on the stage as a prob. Scooter comes in and tells Tony that he had found a cure all Tony should say is "pigskin" and piggy is turened back to her old self.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
The exact words that Tony accidentally turned Miss Piggy into stone with were"ZARK ZARK CHUNGLE,CLARK CLARK CHUNGLE".At the end of that episode,during the regular onstage closing scene,when Tony apologized to Kermit for what happened,Kermit asked Tony how the whole thing happened in the first place.So in explaining it to Kermit,Tony repeated the magic words,but ended up turning Kermit into stone.Linda Ronstadt guest starred in the following episode.I'm not sure how many people have noticed this other than me,but there was a rather interesting simularity between this episode and the one we just talked about.In this episode,Kermit is all dressed up in a white tuxedo,excited about meeting Linda Ronstadt.He had a crush on her.Meanwhile a huge trunk full of fungus is hauled backstage for some reason.When Miss Piggy gets word of Kermit's interest in the guest star,she fumes with jealousy and throws Kermit into the trunk and locks it.With everyone else wondering what happened to Kermit,Scooter ends up hosting the rest of the show.Linda Ronstadt comes upon the trunk,and hears Kermit calling for help inside it.So she opens up the trunk,and the two of them finally meet eachother face to face.Linda then sings"I've Got A Crush On You"to Kermit.However,when she walks upstairs to her dressing room,with Kermit still sitting in the trunk,Miss Piggy comes and shuts the trunk again.Once again everyone else is wondering what happened to Kermit.Until Miss Piggy brings the trunk with Kermit locked in it,to Pigs In Space,where Link Hogthrob and Professor Strangepork try out a zapping gun.Miss Piggy asks Kermit"Are you going to see Linda Ronstadt again?".When Kermit replies from in the trunk"Piggy that's not fair",Miss Piggy tells her two crew mates"It's zappo time"and Kermit gets zapped with the gun.Then Linda Ronstadt comes to the rescue.After Linda and Piggy talk things over,they release Kermit from the trunk.Then at the onstage closing scene,Miss Piggy is seen somehow locked up in the trunk.Do you see what I mean?In Tony Randall's episode,Miss Piggy is turned into stone throughout most of the episode,while Kermit gets turned into stone at the very end of the show.While Linda Ronstadt's episode has Kermit locked in a trunk throughout most of that show,with Miss Piggy locked in the same trunk at the end of that episode.The same basic idea,only different impression of it. :smile: :mad:

Muppet Dudemang

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys :excited: ! That questions been bugging me for years so it's good to finally know what it was :smile: