1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Piggy's accedental kisses

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by babyPiggy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. babyPiggy New Member

why did the writers decide o have Piggy alaways accedentelly kiss Gonzo and Fozzie? dose anyone remember how Piggy used to trip and her lips ended up on gonzo's? or when ahe would try to kiss Kermit and end up kissing fozzie? I always just woundered why the writers wanted that ro happen all the time.
  2. BabyScooter New Member

I don't know maybe they just thought it would be funny.
  3. Baby Gonzo Member

My theory is that the audience (small children) can relate more to the running gag than just a one time thing.

When you look at The Muppet Show, Gonzo's crush on Miss Piggy only lasted a few episodes. In fact, it was really only apparent in episode 24 of Season 1. But in Muppet Babies, I guess the writers decided it would be fun to revisit that idea. Personally, I thought the "love triangle" between Gonzo, Piggy, and Kermit was a cute idea.
  4. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Yeah, especially since your name is Baby Gonzo and your avatar is Baby Gonzo. Admittedly, he's my favorite MB character too.

BJ
  5. BabyScooter New Member

hey I noticed that in a row there is

Baby piggy

baby scooter

and baby gonzo.

weird.
  6. babyPiggy New Member

i like the idia too. I just wounderd why she would kiss Fozzie.:o
  7. MrsPepper Active Member

Maybe they just weren't sure what else to do with her character? It's a bunch of grown men playing with women characters. I'm not saying that they would be insensitive, I'm sure they had feminine sides. But, maybe in the beginning, they weren't sure how to take the comedy involving a character as blatantly female as Piggy in another direction besides the obvious one. :/

It would be interesting to see if this habit increased or decreased every season. My feeling is that it would decrease, as they got more comfortable with the character. I know her and Gonzo got into situations but I can't think of specific situations where this happened with Fozzie (especially since Piggy and Fozzie are the same performer, it seems unlikely that this pairing would happen often enough for this pattern to develop).
  8. babyPiggy New Member

you could check. They have almost every episode on youtube and a list of what order they are in on wikipedia
  9. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Same with episode order on the Muppet Wiki.

BJ
  10. babyPiggy New Member

i love muppet wiki
  11. Xerus Active Member

I remember the episode where Piggy kissed Fozzie. When Fozzie broke a mirror, Piggy started calling him a jinx causing for Fozzie to almost run away. Then Nanny straightened them both out. Piggy apologized to Fozzie for calling him a jinx and gave him an apology kiss on the cheek.
  12. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Same here. Let's hope for more people with more information on MB can step forward!

BJ
  13. babyPiggy New Member

oh ya. i saw that one recently, at the end piggy actually ended up braking a mirror as well.