Piggy's worst performance?

Misskermie

Reaction score
Yeah, but to a.certain extent, I can say piggys singing in never before, were very bad.

*gets chopped*

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
*gets chopped*
Kermie, chopping, is an art. You gotta be...smooth.
*gets chopped*

I don't think it's fair to pick out a season one performance by really any character as their worst, because so many aspects of their look and personality were being fleshed out. Piggy didn't even have a consistent performer until partway through the season.

I thought her duet with Jean-Pierre Rampal was pretty boring.
Piggy in Season one was probably the worst Piggy we ever saw, in my opinion.
I understand her character was being developed, and she wasn't even meant to be a main character, but still, that's where I disliked Piggy the most.
*ducks from karate chop*

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Don't forget, Richard Hunt was sharing the role with Frank Oz at that time. By Season 2, Frank took on the Piggy we know and love full time and Richard took on Janice after Eren Ozker left.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes, and they did great jobs with Piggy, it's amazing how much Richard was able to sound like Frank's Piggy. Richard was a really amazing performer. :smile:

Kermie, chopping, is an art. You gotta be...smooth.
*gets chopped* *
Sorry, meant to say Jaz there, (Miss Kermie) but I was referencing Rizzo.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I have to disagree. As amazing as Richard was, his Piggy sounds nothing like Frank's. But that's understandable, as Piggy was still in development then. In fact, she was more of a minor character. Certainly by the second half of season 1, they were starting to figure her out.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I have to disagree. As amazing as Richard was, his Piggy sounds nothing like Frank's. But that's understandable, as Piggy was still in development then. In fact, she was more of a minor character. Certainly by the second half of season 1, they were starting to figure her out.
I agree with you, Mo.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Probably the new "The Muppets" movie. She had no true problem of not being part of The Muppets again.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Almost every single time she sings. Her voice freaks me out.

(secretly leaves before being noticed)

snichols1973

Reaction score
In the Linda Ronstadt episode, Piggy is so jealous of the guest star that she locks and stuffs Kermit into Gonzo's trunk to prevent him from meeting Linda Ronstadt, which is a very embarrassing situation that shouldn't happen to a frog.....

(stealthily sneaks off to Statler & Waldorf's theater box to view the action from a safe distance)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably the new "The Muppets" movie. She had no true problem of not being part of The Muppets again.
I beg to differ. The reason she didn't want to join back with the group is that there was a painful breakup (made less obvious by the editing) and those were some awkward bad memories. The film gave a surprising depth of the Kermit Piggy relationship that was missing for quite some time.

I'd say that, other than the first season before they found her voice, the worst was MFS, mostly do to Frank just looping dialogue.