Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Absolutely... them being Muppets and that silly mattress of theirs! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Which silly old Beauregard forgot to put down onstage for them of course. :big_grin:

But what's a few bumps and bruises to a Muppet? :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Ha, silly crazy Beau! It's alright, though... the piggies had their fun! :big_grin:

Oh, absolutely! It hurts a bit, I'm sure. But they bounce back *snaps fingers* like that! :wink:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Well since he pushed not just one boulder into the last one but two, do you suppose it could be said that the goat may have been sneaky at the start of the sketch, but then he was getting bolder and bolder?
:big_grin: :wink: Wocka wocka as Fozzie would say
Rock On my friends!:crazy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
We're proud to be in charge of the awesomest thread on these boards. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, oh yeah... awesomest, favoritest, and fabulousest! :wink: Or... ya know... something like that! :big_grin:

But really, I watched the sketch again and watched leader piggy, and you were right, Marty... he does have such a shocked, open-mouthed look on his face when the nervous piggy falls. He also does a bit of a double take too, but not nearly as sharp of one as the middle pig! And then he does just about the exact same reaction when the middle piggy falls too before he starts gettin' all nervous during his verse, hehe. I didn't get a chance to re-watch it to see the nervous piggy the whole time. But it definitely is interesting to see the very different reactions of the piggies!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So true. And just imagine how differently he must have felt both times by comparison Caroline.
The first time it could have been (as was assumed by both of them) a tragic climbing accident involving the combination of loose rocks and the rope not being adequately tied.
But after establishing that it was securely sound before the second incident he must have been shocked twice as much and understandably very fearful as well as nervous.
Heh. I suppose he must have thought it was all just extreme unfortunate co-incidence with the rope and that it had been loose rocks both times. "Well I told him to watch his step." I can imagine him thinking to himself as he prepares to resume climbing really carefully before the boulders come. :big_grin:
It does get you thinking about what his inner thoughts could be, doesn't it?

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, absolutely. Just like you said, the first time he (as well as the middle pig) just thought it was an unfortunate accident involving the rope and probably loose rocks. The second time, I'll bet he thought something really weird was going on which is why he got so understandably nervous! Maybe he thought his buddy lost his footing too... just like you said, a strange and extremely unfortunate coincidence! Heh, talk about bad luck! :wink: And then he continues climbing very carefully (obviously) until he gets to the "dreaded" part and he makes it through that, all happy and jamming to his song (hehe, :big_grin:).... and then the boulders come, ha. Whooo, talk about an emotional roller coaster in that sketch! :wink: