Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah. I'll bet he was wishing he'd never set on the mountain until he got to the part when he didn't fall. Then he may have as I said assumed in his relief that it had been a freak co-incidence with the rope and that his second buddy should have been more careful. Hence the "Well I did warn him" kind of thought I figured he could have been having while he sang joyfully before the boulders came.
Sneaky evil goat indeed. And very clever too.:wink: I wonder what the one on the end would have said if the goat hadn't chewed through the rope first and the others had been able to prevent them all falling together?:confused:

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, you bet. And while being upset and shocked that his buddies fell, he was also relieved when he didn't... of course, his buddies had a darn good time during their fall, but he didn't know that at the time! :wink:

Aww. Well, since I think our piggies can admit when they're wrong, hehe, I think he would've said, "Well, thank goodness, you guys were right! We are ok and this was quite a fun and successful happy wandering adventure!" :big_grin: Hehe, that would've been cute to hear!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hehe. I don't know what the goat would say to that. Especially if they all climbed back up again for more after he thought he got rid of them and could have a peaceful time with no noisy singing piggies to disturb him. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, the goat would be none so pleased! :mad: :big_grin:

And if they came up for more, he would probably make sure they had a not-so-successful happy wandering adventure! :wink: Hey, maybe that was where the sketch came from, what it really was... they were coming back up after having a successful adventure, and the nervous pig was getting nervous again like he was the first time because part of him still thought something might go wrong! Aaaaand that's how the goat was so prepared for them. He heard them coming back up, and he went for it!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well that would really be an unexpected shock to the other two after having initially climbed it once before.:wink:
Then their Watch your step and Yeah Yeah exchange would have had a touch of confusion about it since nothing went wrong before.:confused:
HAHA The last one would have been extremely fearful about it indeed.

But afterwards I'm sure they all agreed it was even more fun falling off the second time and they did enjoy the view from the top when they climbed it safely before. So it was all well worth it both times. First they had the pretty view and then they had the roller coaster like thrill.:smirk:

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, you're darn right it would've been an unexpected shock!
Well, it wouldn't be that confusing because loose rocks could happen if they just happened to step in a different place or if the rocks were there initially, and the piggies just didn't step on them the first time. Or if the rocks blew and rolled over from somewhere else and landed where they were climbing, etc. Anything could happen, really. Or piggies could be like people and slip or trip over their own feet (or hooves) sometimes! :big_grin: That's somethin' else you gotta watch out for! :wink:

Haha, exactly! That's perfect... they got the best of both worlds in one faaaabulous afternoon! :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, ahhhh! So perfect for them and a wonderful experience indeed! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
But really, I watched the sketch again and watched leader piggy, and you were right, Marty... he does have such a shocked, open-mouthed look on his face when the nervous piggy falls. He also does a bit of a double take too, but not nearly as sharp of one as the middle pig! And then he does just about the exact same reaction when the middle piggy falls too before he starts gettin' all nervous during his verse, hehe. I didn't get a chance to re-watch it to see the nervous piggy the whole time. But it definitely is interesting to see the very different reactions of the piggies!
I also love the way they're choreographed during the bit after they look at each other saying "Uh-oh" Caroline.
When I used to have the sketch taped off television I would put it on still frame by frame mode and you can see how they turn and look at the camera. Leader piggy stares just for a brief moment before turning to middle piggy, who's apparently in a frozen state and probably would have stayed in that position for who knows how long if leader hadn't brought him out of it with the "Watch your step" line.:smirk:
Those stares really do convey emotion well. Remarkable for set puppet faces that couldn't be altered physically at all, isn't it?:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, that's really cool that you could watch it frame by frame then and see extra things like that. That middle piggy sure did look down the mountain for quite a while, didn't he? (Probably watching to make sure his buddy hit the mattress! :wink:) That is really awesome, though!

You're absolutely right, it certainly is remarkable! And definitely showcases the talent of our great puppeteers.