Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, yes indeed. That and hearing the piggy say the less common "Watch your step" is very cute! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And for the chorus of the second verse the leader lady could make a bit more of a show holding up the rope gently tugging on it to verify that it's firm and secure. The middle lady perhaps could nod vigorously at it like the male piggy and give a slight relieved sounding laugh just before singing her Val-de-ra part. Then the leader gently tugs on the rope again as she sings. It's still firm and so the middle lady hums the tune joyfully while she prepares to belt out the Val-de-ahahahahaha part and she really screams in shock and horror as she falls down. :big_grin: Still sounding great eh Caroline? What do you think William?

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great thought. Making it more dramatic... making it even more obvious that the rope is there and is clearly secure is an awesome idea! I love your idea to have the middle lady nod and give a relieved laugh. Hehe, that is a very cool idea! While showing the viewers that yes, the rope is indeed here and there is no problem with it at all. Which can surprise us as much as it surprises both the piggies when the middle lady goes falling! Hehe, sounds awesome, Marty! I love your ideas so far for our little female "remake" here! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Glad you both like it so far my dear friends and now here's the final part.

Naturally it would be impossible to actually show tears running down the last piggy's face but the performer could make noises to at least suggest crying.
I figured after seeing what happened to her companions the last lady climber would be absolutely shocked and upset that as she turns and prepares to climb on she would say in an agitated tone "Oh no" in place of the whine sounds her male counterpart delivered.
Then as she sings and looks down the mountain trembling she would emphasize the words until the day I die and may I always laugh and sing with sobs and other mournful sounds.
And as she climbs towards the point where that stick-like thing is jutting out she would emphasize how upset she was with sobs in between the bits of the chorus leading towards that dreaded moment. And when she didn't fall like you said Caroline she could really belt the Val-de-ahahahahaha out really loudly holding on and leaning back like the male leader and pull herself up perhaps climbing higher already with renewed confidence singing the rest of the chorus. In fact if she still had tears in her eyes they would no doubt have turned into tears of joy. :smile: Then finally as she climbs singing "Beneath the clear, blue," when the two boulders come out of nowhere she could turn her face to the camera with her hands raised in the act of climbing like the male only adding a very quick "Awk!" as a reaction in the split second before they roll over the top of her screaming "skyyyyy".

Naturally the goat appears laughing ending the same way as the original version.
Boy I can just see this in my mind. Isn't it great Caroline? William?:big_grin: :excited:

Skye

Reaction score
That's very true, and that would be awesome to hear the performer showcasing some really great crying noises, hehe!

Saying "Oh no" in a really agitated tone of voice would be really interesting. I stopped and thought about that for a second, and I think I really like that, too. It would be really cool, and also add a certain extra comedic tone to this part, which of course, is what we're going for! :big_grin:
Having her emphasize the parts that the male piggy emphasized as well is perfect. That was the exact right thing to do, we wouldn't want to change that. Very cute to have her make other nervous and mournful sounds as well!
Yeesss, I'm glad you liked my idea of her really belting that part out and really leaning back when she doesn't fall, and pulling herself up and climbing a bit higher is perfect. I love the piggy getting her full confidence back so quickly, that's perfect for the sketch. She could make certain gestures or expressions to make her look especially proud of herself, too! Hehe, aww, tears of joy would be so cute! I love the idea of her looking at the camera and adding that quick little screaming sound before the boulders hit her. That's perfect! And definitely would make it even more entertaining!

And of course you're right, we need the silly evil goat to make his appearance, too, hehe! :big_grin:
I can totally picture it, too. And I think it's awesome! Great ideas, Marty! It's the perfect little female remake for us! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
I can totally picture it, too. And I think it's awesome! Great ideas, Marty! It's the perfect little female remake for us! :big_grin:
I think we deserve three big cheers. Don't you agree?

Hip Hip HooVal-de-aaaaaahhhhh!

:excited: :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, yay!! Those are the best three cheers I've ever heard! :wink: Here, I'll do 'em, too!

Hip Hip HooVal-de-aaaaaahhhhh! :big_grin:

Hehe, you did an awesome job coming up with your ideas!

Skye

Reaction score
Aw, no problem! Thanks for sharing them with us! :smile: Some brainstorming about these piggies (either gender) in this sketch sure can have some awesome results! :big_grin: