Pixar Dumps Disney

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think this is a win-win for Pixar, they definately deserve to be out from under Disney's shadow. They also had a very bad, very restrictive deal. I think Disney needs Pixar more than Pixar needs Disney.

I'm also getting a lot of perverse joy out of the mouse learning that they can't push everyone around.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I'm also getting a lot of perverse joy out of the mouse learning that they can't push everyone around.
You an' me BOTH, brother!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I too feel conflicted. personally, i could care less if Dizzy makes flops or successes. But I'm concerned that lopping off the Dizzy relationship may not work to their advantage. Disney was the Muscle that got them into business. Other than Shrek, few other Non-Disney animated movies make it. It doesn't matter who's attatched to it... it doesn't matter how good. It's the brand name people trust.

But If it gives Pixar more creativity, I'm all for it.

It comes at a bad time, when Diz wants only CGI films. They'll only make really bad ones (Like Dinosaur). I sure as heck don't want to see that! :eek:

Beebers

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I think this is a win-win for Pixar, they definately deserve to be out from under Disney's shadow. They also had a very bad, very restrictive deal. I think Disney needs Pixar more than Pixar needs Disney.

Bravo and ditto to that.

Disney is their own worst enemy. They didn't have to end up as they are. It's their own fault, and it's their own responsibility to straighten up and be genuinely artistic again. Or not. It's their choice.

:attitude:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think what Pixar has going for it is that they are now a brand, one with a stronger reputation at the moment than Disney's. They've never produced a bad film, which is astonishing. The weakest one so far was A Bug's Life and even that was a solid hit. Wherever Pixar goes they will have creative freedom so the quality of their work won't suffer and the other studios can distribute the films and merch just as well as Disney.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everyone else here.
1.It's time for Pixar to move on.
2.I am a Disney fan, but they're endless sequels are just stupid.
3.The missing Disney and Pixar's title is going to take some getting use to.

Lion King 2:Simba's Pride
Lion King 1 1/2:Hakuna Matata
Lady and the Tramp 2:Scamp's Adventure
101 Dalmations 2:stick_out_tongue:atch's London Adventure
Tarzan & Jane
Return to Neverland
Beauty and the Beast:Belle's Magical World
Atlantis:Milo's Return
Stitch the Movie!
George of the Jungle 2
Inspector Gadget 2
Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True
The Little Mermaid 2:Return to the Sea
Hunchback of Notredame 2
Aladdin and the King of Theives
Aladdin: Return of Jafar
The Santa Clause 2
Jungle Book 2

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I dunno, Buck. I loved A Bug's Life. It's my second favorite Pixar movie. Monster's Inc., followed closely by A Bug's Life.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I heard about this thismorning. I am happy for Pixar, I think DIsney deserves it because they are greedy.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
YAY for Pixar! I think at this point, Pixar has almost as much of a brand name as Disney, and they'll probably end up getting more if they continue making quality pictures. Disney DOES have quite a marketing machine, though, (too bad they never really used it on "Spirited Away", grrr), and it'd be a while before Pixar could get that much advertising dollars, and I fear they may suffer for that. All in all, though, I think it's a smart move for Pixar, and a good lesson for Disney: MAKE FAIR DEALS.