Pixar taking a cue from "The Muppets"

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Pixar's "The Brave" is taking a cue from "The Muppets" parody marketing campaign. It's interesting that the Muppets took advice from Pixar screenwriters and now Kermit and crew are influencing them right back! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Pixar's "Kilt" trailer:​

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I Don't Know What's The Best Part, The Fact They Said SEXY. Or The Fact This Movie Is Possibly Going To Be Better Than Cars 2

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I somehow liked Cars 2 better than the first one, I think that was their low point. That was clearly for 5-7 year olds that liked the first one, and a matter of marketing.

Personally, I'm glad that we're getting the first original Pixar movie since Up. Though we won't get another original one until 2014's The Good Dinosaur. Not that I mind the sequels. I'm on pins and needles for Monster University.

The one thing that seems to bother me. Brave merchandise started hitting (Target, at any rate... I saw nothing at Disney last time I was there), and it's all overwhelmingly fashion dolls. Disney couldn't wait to have another Princess, could they? Something that has raw "I don't want to be a stereotype and think for myself" kinda girl that they can put into pretty pink fantasy dresses. Even under Pixar, they have to get hypocritical.