Pixar Vs. Dreamworks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whcih do you like better for CGI animation features?

I'm having a hard time deciding because Pixar and Dreamworks have both had their shares of winners and failures, and are both known for certain uniqueness to their films. What are your thoughts?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Pixar hasn't had a failure yet... at least not at the box office. Even "A Bug's Life" is number 112 on the All-Time Box Office Grosses Chart.

:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Pixar hasn't had a failure yet... at least not at the box office. Even "A Bug's Life" is number 112 on the All-Time Box Office Grosses Chart.

Ah, so I'm not the only one who didn't care for "A Bug's Life".

For Pixar, I believe their worst was ABL, while for DreamWorks, I believe their worst was "Shark Tale"

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I didn't dislike "A Bug's Life". I just don't think it's as good as the rest of their films.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've only seen A Bug's Life once, but I should see it again. As for the two companies, for me there's no comparison. I like the Dreamworks stuff, but I LOOOOVE (!!!) PIXAR! Their stories are so well-crafted, so much more timeless. I've thought for a long time that Pixar today reminds me of the Jim Henson Company in its heyday. A great sense of wackiness and play, but also a genuine sense of heart underneath it all.

Go Pixar!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Shrek was cute, Shrek 2 was... barely cute, Shark Tale was a complete waste of my time. Toy Story 1 and 2 both had me laughing out loud, Monster's Inc and The Incredibles were highly enjoyable. IMHO; PIXAR spanks Dreamworks up and down the street.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Shrek tanked, Shrek 2 was MUCH better. Antz was pretty good, but Shark Tale sucked, and Madacascar doesn't seem very interesting.

BEAR

Reaction score
Its funny what you all say about A Bugs Life because it is my all time favorite Pixar movie so far. I think it gets forgotten a lot though. Very underrated film. I like the movie because of the story and the wonderful characters created in it. In this film, every single character has a clear journey for themselves. It's true. There is so much heart in the story as well, not that the others don't but this is definitely one of those great underdog stories. It was also just visually gorgeous! It really makes you appreciate the beauty of nature and those things that our eyes don't normally stop to take in. They really get down to the tiniest details. I actually believe it is Pixar's best story so far no question! In many ways, it is Pixar's Fraggle Rock. So much offered but easily forgotten.

I prefer Pixar animation to the other mentioned because of the story. To me, the characters and the plots are so much more dimensional. Pixar doesn't go for star power or glamour, they go for the story. They characters are believable, charming and sympathetic. You feel for them and you want to cheer them on because there is always a part of yourself in atleast one of the characters on the screen. They have the best technique in casting. They don't cast for big names. They cast for great actors and that is what they have always done. Pixar always takes great pride in what they do and they make the best of every element. When you see one of their films, you just know they had a great time doing it. Their research is so thorough, they leave no stone unturned. They open our eyes and show us worlds we have never seen before and even things we have seen but never really taken the time to notice.