Play With Me Sesame coming to Spain and France

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KIDS THROUGHOUT EUROPE MAKING PLAYDATES WITH SESAME STREET MUPPETS AS PLAY WITH ME SESAME, A BRAND NEW SHOW, DEBUTS ON DISNEY CHANNEL MARKETS

Daily, Half-Hour Interactive Playdate with Bert & Ernie Kicks Off This Fall

(New York, NY, July 30, 2003) Now preschoolers can have their very own playdate with some of their favorite Sesame Street friends every day! Featuring Ernie, Bert and Grover, Play With Me Sesame, a brand new interactive half-hour series produced by Games Productions Inc. in association with Sesame Workshop and Noggin, will debut on Disney Channel Spain in the fall and on Disney Channel France in April 2004.
Play With Me Sesame, which will air weekdays, mimics a child’s playdate, giving them lots of exciting ways to play along and participate with their favorite Sesame Street Muppets. Each episode features newly created segments mixed with classic Sesame Street footage inviting children to engage in a specific activity.

Ernie’s segment, “Ernie Says” (a la “Simon Says”), gets kids playing along right from the start. Bert invites kids to work on the computer, creating oatmeal art and matching and sorting socks. And Grover’s “Move and Groove with Grover” gets kids singing and dancing to classic Sesame Street songs.

“We are thrilled to be able to deliver a new, interactive way for kids to laugh and learn,” said Jennifer Monier-Williams, Sesame Workshop’s Vice President of Global Television Distribution. “We’re especially pleased to have the series debut in Spain and France—key markets where we continue to grow the Sesame brand. Play With Me Sesame is an extension of Sesame Street’s long tradition of encouraging children to share, cooperate, and have fun doing it!”

Play With Me Sesame’s participatory approach helps young children prepare for school socially, emotionally, and intellectually. The on-air activities support children’s creativity and individual expression. In addition, they stress the fundamental concepts critical to learning how to read, and to do math and science.

Disney Channel Spain will offer Play With Me Sesame through its successful pre-school channel, Playhouse Disney, the only channel in the Spanish market for preschoolers. Its main objective is to help children learn while enjoying, and Play With Me Sesame is the best option to support this pedagogical spirit. Playhouse Disney is the favorite channel for children 4-8 years old and they will be pleased with these new friends they can play with.

Disney Television France* will broadcast Play With Me Sesame in April 2004 on its preschool channel Playhouse Disney (which launched November 2002). The channel is dedicated to preschool children (2-6 years old). Play With Me Sesame supports Playhouse Disney’s positioning and values—awakening creativity and fun. Playhouse Disney is already perceived by parents as a specialized channel for the youngest children.**

Play With Me Sesame
airs daily on Noggin, a commercial-free, educational network, in the US.

Sesame Workshop is a nonprofit educational organization making a meaningful difference in children’s lives around the world. Founded in 1968, the Workshop changed television forever with the legendary Sesame Street. Today, the Workshop continues to innovate on behalf of children in 120 countries, using its proprietary research methodology to ensure its programs and products are engaging and enriching. Sesame Workshop is behind award-winning programs like Dragon Tales and Sagwa, The Chinese Siamese Cat and ground breaking multi-media productions in South Africa, Egypt and Russia. These are among many Workshop endeavors recognized for their deep understanding of children’s developmental needs and the most effective ways to address them. As a nonprofit, Sesame Workshop puts the proceeds it receives from sales of Sesame Street, Dragon Tales and Sagwa products right back into its educational projects for children around the world.
Walt Disney Television International is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s free and pay television activities outside the U.S.A. These activities include branded and non-branded programme distribution through Buena Vista International Television (BVI-TV), production and broadcasting, including the development and management of Disney Channels and other media investments.

WDTV-I is renowned for its locally produced entertainment through both Disney Channels and terrestrial branded programs. Since 1995, 21 channels have been successfully launched worldwide including Disney Channel UK, Disney Channel France, Disney Channel Italy, Disney Channel Germany, Disney Channel Spain, Disney Channel Malaysia, Disney Channel Brunei, Disney Channel Singapore, Disney Channel Philippines, Disney Channel Taiwan, Disney Channel Australia, 2 Disney Channels in Latin America, Disney Channel Middle East, Disney Channel Brazil, Disney Channel Portugal and Disney Channel South Korea.
With 80 branded shows per week in 62 countries, WDTV-I’s branded programming reaches over 500 million viewers around the world each month: Diggit on GMTV in the UK; Disney! on TF1 in France and Disney Clubs in all the major markets. Disney was the first US Studio to adopt a local approach to production tailoring content to specific audiences. Disney Channel UK has launched the first interactive kids TV service in Europe available to Disney Channel subscribers through Sky Digital and NTL Digital.