Play With Me Sesame In NEW JERSEY

Jackie

Reaction score
I read this in my Star Ledger today:

Can you tell me how to get to Woodbridge? (that's where I live)

There's a free play date for all New Jersey kids and their families on Saturday, when Bert, Ernie- and our personal favorite, Grover- head to the Villiage Court on the lower level of the Sears wing at Woodbridge Center for three 14-minute shows, based on the new half-hour preschool series "Play with Me Sesame." Geared toward pre-schoolers, the audience will be invied to participate in games with Ernie, read stories with Bert, and "move and grove" with the smooth one, Grover. Showtimes are noon, 2 and 4pm. Call (732)636-4600 or go online at www.woodbridgecenter.com for information.

I went to the website and called but no information was available. I wanna know if the ACTUAL muppets and performers are going to be there! It doesn't matter, i'm going to stop by anyway since this mall is literally in my backyard :smile: (won't the SSS be mad if I actually met Steve!!!) LOL!!!

If anyone knows anything else please let me know :smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Jackie

You can find more information by reading the press release in the news section of MC. I think there is still a link on the main page, too.

I took my daughter to the event in Seattle. It was a lot of fun and she loved it-- but she is a toddler.

It is not the actual Muppets or performers. It is performers in Muppet costumes a la Sesame Street Live or Sesame Place. The voices of the Muppets are pre-recorded and are the eral performers-- Steve does voice Ernie.

The show lasts about 15 minutes. It is organized as a play date. The host comes out and talks to the kids, Bert and Ernie arrive to play Ernie Says and read a story, they leave and Grover arrives to move and groove, Ernie and Bert come back and there is one last round of Ernie says and they all say goodbye. The program is performed three times-- in Seattle it was noon, 2pm, and 4pm I think, but it is the same every time. They passed out goody bags (with Ernie, Bert, Grover, and Prairie Dawn on them) as the kids left.

It is designed to advertise Noggin's new show, Play with Me Sesame. It is well done and really fun. But if you are expecting Steve and actual Muppets, you'll be disapointed. I wrote a review and have some pictures from the Seattle show that will go up here eventually. If you want to see some pics before you go, email me your email address and I'll send you some.

annikaabel@yahoo.com

Jackie

Reaction score
Yeah i wasn't really expecting steve. I just was hoping LOL! Thanks for that report :smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Jackie

Your welcome-- I hope you enjoy it! I thought it was a lot of fun and well done. It was very popular-- parents and children were seated in front of the stage more than an hour before the show-- which is a long time to sit and wait with such young kids.

Enjoy and let us know what you think....

Treelo

Reaction score
The Sesame characters used in the Play With Me Promo Tour are the exact versions used in Sesame Live, Sesame Park (US & Japan) and at Universal Studios - Japan. They were built in the VEE workshop, although VEE had nothing to do with producing the tour.