1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Play With Me Sesame Season 2 rescheduled for June

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Phillip, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame Season 2

The second season of Play With Me Sesame begins tomorrow, Monday April 7th on Noggin. Play With Me Sesame airs twice daily at 7:00 am central (8:00 am eastern) and 10 am central (11:00 am eastern). Let us know what you think of the new episodes. One of the highlights of season 1 was the inclusion of many classic skits in each episode. Hopefully this will continue with season 2.

123 Sesame Street (reruns since 1999) also airs at 4:00 am, 8:00 am, and 11:30 am on Noggin.

Set your VCR's and let us know what you think!
  2. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, I watched it this morning, and it was just yet another rerun. Are they serious about the new season of PWMS?
  3. mikealan

mikealan New Member

When I watched PWSM this Saturday morning, I think it's the same season from the first season. Ernie, Bert, Prairie and Grover still do their same things to teach preschoolers as well. This season still has the old classic clips since the beginning.
  4. CookieFan

CookieFan New Member

I don't think PWMS has new shows yet, I've watched it all week and keep getting this strange sense of deja vu......
  5. Phillip

I have a contact at Noggin. I will try to find out what why there is a delay and when the new season will begin.
  6. sweet201

sweet201 New Member

Just wondering...

Just wondering if you had heard anything yet regarding the new season of PWMS. Thanks! :) Tina
  7. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

I just saw a commerical for it. It starts June 7th at 8:00 AM. The show has some new cast members as well. Now with Grover, Praire Dawn, Ernie & Bert we have Cookie Monster( I assume David Rudsman is playing him seeing how busy Frank Oz is) and Zoe. Also it looks we will be seeing Super Grover in the non-classic skit segments. :) It looks to be a good improvement over the first. I just hope they keep Kermit sketches like the used in Season 1.
  8. muppetfan620

muppetfan620 New Member

I'm glad to hear this. It should be great!

Millicent
  9. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I wonder why they're not featuring Elmo. Probably because of Elmo's World, which probably will become its own show eventually. I know it will.
  10. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

Season 1 had a lot of Elmo sketches. I bet this will also. And a all elmo world show? Sesame Workshop said they have no plans to do that. And there seems to be no reason to. Season 33 had 31% rating improvement. The new SS is how they should keep it.
  11. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Elmo's World would make a good show on it's own, but I think SS has found a good balance. It runs very smoothly. I've never seen PWMS because I don't get Noggin, but Elmo probably doesn't need to invade that show yet. Good to know Cookie will join them though.
  12. Clean Gultch

Clean Gultch New Member

what skits played during the first season? heres a list of what i saw. let me know if im missing any

Bert Tries to Decide To Wear but There The Same
    Ernie PLays Drums and Bert Copies
    Elmo Singing About Circles
    Elmo and Zoe Play Zoe Says
    Herry Searches for Triangles
    Get on Up and Move Your Body
    A Cat had a Birthday
    Clapping Segment
    Bert Singing I Love an Oatmeal Box
    4 Monsters Sing We're All Monsters
    Grover Sells Kermit Sunglasses
    Ernie Plays the Guess What I am Game and Bert Pretends to be a Train
    2 Headed Monsters Sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    Kermit Tells About Surprise and the Little Girl Brings him Flowers
    Kermit Drwas Triangle with his Finger
    Kermit Draws Square with his Finger
    Monster in the Mirror
  13. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I think they should put Elmo's World on it's own, and put Sesame Street back the way it used to be!

There is one skit I would like to see on the new season, and I think it would be quite appropriate. Remember "Zero Cookies" with Ernie and Cookie Monster?
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Here are some I remember: Do de rubber duck, Two headed Monster find shapes, I think The cookie disco one were cookie monster lost his cookie. And the one were cookie monster comes out in a beard and swamie hat and theres girl singers in the background. Forgot the name. And thoes are a couple I remember. There you go.
  15. Phillip

Here's a little more info on Play With Me Sesame's season 2 premiere that was rescheduled for Saturday June 7th. Sounds like there will be a lot more characters on the show this season. Should be very good.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/052303.shtml
  16. mikealan

mikealan New Member

I think the Season 1 of Play With Me Sesame shows the classic rhyming game skit many times. Here's how it went:

Bert: (who is reading the "Cooking with Oatmeal" book) You take four cups of lump...two beated mangoes...

Ernie: Hey, Bert!

Bert: ...buttermilk...

Ernie: (Continued) It's time for the rhyming game, Bert!

Bert: Oh, yeah. But I just want to read my book.

Ernie: Oh, you'll love this game, Bert. You see, when you say something, I will say something that rhymes with what you just said.

Bert: Uh-huh, right. But I don't want to play your game.

Ernie: Maybe not, Bert, but we'll do it all the same. See, both game and same rhyme.

Bert: But, Ernie, I have to do something what I want to do.

Ernie: Wiggle your finger and buckle your shoe!

(Drum music starts)

Bert: Uh, Ernie, I'd rather just sit here and read my book.

Ernie: With ears you hear and with eyes you look.

Bert: Oh, come on Ernie, cut this out.

Ernie: Easy ol' buddy, you don't need to shout.

Bert: I don't want to play the game of rhymes!

Ernie: Nice goin' Bert, come ring my chimes!

Bert: (who is putting the book down) I don't wanna do it!

Ernie: There's really nothing to it.

Bert: It's so silly.

Ernie: A boy named Billy!

Bert: Stop it, please!

Ernie: A dog has fleas!

Bert: Ow!

Ernie: Pow!

Bert: Ernie, please, this has got to stop.

Ernie: Some people like to jump and hop!

Bert: I don't wanna do it (Ernie still interrupts!) anymore.

Ernie: What hmm hmm?

Bert: What hmm hmm?!? I don't wanna do it anymore!

Ernie: Oh. One and two and three and four.

Bert: Ernie!

Ernie: Bernie!

Bert: Stop it!

Ernie: Mop it!

Bert: Stop!

Ernie: Flop!

Bert: No!

Ernie: Flow!

Bert: Mmmmm....HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!

Ernie: Uh...ripotamus!

Bert: Ugh! All right! All right! I'd give up.

Ernie: Eat from the plate and drink from the cup.

Bert: I'll just have to play along.

Ernie: It plays like a game and sings like a song.

Bert: You're maybe right, I'm maybe wrong.

Ernie: Clocks go tick and bells go bong.

Bert: Hey, this game's kinda kicky!

Ernie: Sugar's sweet and glue is sticky!

Bert: Hey, the weather is wet and dust is dry!

Ernie: Dogs gotta walk and birds gotta fly.

Bert: It's the great game you've played with a friend!

Ernie: And now, Bert ol' buddy, we've come to the end!

(Drum music stops)

Bert: Yeah! You're right, Ernie, that's a great game! You-(still in rhythm)

Ernie: Uh, well Bert, I think I'm gonna read a book right now. Mmm hmm mmm...(Leaves)

(A moment of silence. We see Bert staring at the lamp.)

Bert: Hey there, lamp! That's a nice shade! You...it's not the same. (Leaves also)
  17. Clean Gultch

Clean Gultch New Member

Something weird happens with my Getting Ready to Read video which has the Rhyming Game skit. if anyone has it, turn your tv really loud when Bert walks to the lamp. Imn the backround you can hear Bert's vouice shouting before it comes out of his mouth. Once you hear it youll understand what i mean. Also, not sure if its that video or another video i have but at the very begining you can hear a phone being dialed
  18. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I remember that, too. You could hear a phone being dialed. I don't know what that came from. But sometimes there may be some defect in the tape itself.