1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Play with Me Sesame: What happened?

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Buff Beaker, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

why did play with me sesame fail? Why did the show not last very long?

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and theorize that Sesame Workshop selling off their part ownership of Noggin to Viacom played a major factor in it.

3. Buff Beaker

That makes sense. But why couldn't have sesame workshop continue the show on pbs instead of noggin ?

4. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I mean, there wasn't really any reason for the show to exist other than to give Nogin a show with name recognition.

5. Buff Beaker

Yeah I agree. I wish sesame could find a way to make a really good spin off show.

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Give Elmo a spin off, tbh. That way his segments which, quite frankly feel out of place in the main show anyway, don't take up time on SST.

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Um, PWMS was an innocuous little show on a preschool cable channel. It had no lofty goals like the regular Sesame. It strove to be nothing more than a half-hour of engaging content, that's it. It didn't "fail" because it only had three seasons. It was barely a thing to even think to consider a failure.

8. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I think it was basically a cheap way to have puppeteers and such do a Sesame spin off without doing much effort.

9. Buff Beaker

Yeah. I wish SW would do a proper spinoff for sesame. Maybe about Murrary? (Just Kidding:laugh::batty:)