Please Help W/ Sketches...

Oliver

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how many of the following "classic" pre-1990 skecthes were produced / aired:

- Sesame Street News Flash with Kermit The Frog

- Ernie & Bert

- Grover The Waiter / Singing Telegram / Super Grover

- Monsterpiece Theatre

- Big Bird + Snuffy / Kermit - solo sketches

- Monster Sketches: Cookie Monster / Oscar The Grouch (and Slimey) / Herry Monster / Telly / Two-Headed Monster, Martian (yip yips), The Honkers, etc.

- Animated sketches (including claymation segments like Teeny Little Super Guy, etc.)

- Musical Numbers (from Oscar to the Beetles, Ernie and Hoot, Cookie Monster, etc. to the live action numbers with Maria, Luis, etc. to all the guest stars and so on...)

I'll request some of the lesser known and one-shot character sketches later, but right now I'd like to get an idea of how many of the above themed segments were produced and if anyone could post production numbers or titles for these shorts, it would be really helpful!

I plan on contacting Sesame Workshop to have custom DVD's pressed and will provide dubs to anyone who can help me with a complete listing of productions as I am going to have the discs compiled by character and theme.

Thanks a lot!

Oliver

Reaction score
Btw, is there some sort of comprehensive online SS encyclopedia I could referance that would be of help?

If not, is what I'm asking practical or would it be impossible to come up with such a listing?

I'm sure if everyone added to the thread, we could come very close to a definitive count...

Please start with the easier listings such as the News Flash! and Ernie & Bert sketches. I'm sure there couldn't have been that many produced since these were so often repackaged and used in older episodes...

Please help me out, I am very serious about having these DVD's produced and would be more than willing to share them among this community but I need your insight!

This could mean that we would finally come very close to owning professionally mastered DVD's of ALL the classic Sesame segments, from songs, sketches, animations, etc.

Please take a few minutes to offer whatever you might know...

Thanks!!!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Wow,You Sure Do Have An Awesome Tape Trading Website!!! :excited:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Boober Gorg,Do You Have The English Version Of The Garden Song From 1972?(Not The Spanish Version,The English Version)

Dantecat

Reaction score
Boober Gorg,From Rule #1,What Kind Of Pakage Do You Mean :confused:

Will You Take VHS Tapes?

Oliver

Reaction score
WOW, thanks so much Boober... I had no idea that many sketches were produced!

Would you mind explaining the context of your listings for me... are they complete and arranged chronologically by year and are the production notes all correct? Can anyone add anything to Boober's list, missing segments, songs, etc?

Thanks again - your site is extremely helpful!!!

It's gonna take me months just to compile and arrange these for SW to produce!!

:stick_out_tongue:

If anyone else can add to the list to make this definitive, please do!!!

Thanks again!!!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Oliver said:
WOW, thanks so much Boober... I had no idea that many sketches were produced!

Would you mind explaining the context of your listings for me... are they complete and arranged chronologically by year and are the production notes all correct? Can anyone add anything to Boober's list, missing segments, songs, etc?

Thanks again - your site is extremely helpful!!!

It's gonna take me months just to compile and arrange these for SW to produce!!

:stick_out_tongue:

If anyone else can add to the list to make this definitive, please do!!!

Thanks again!!!
That sketch list is all (or most) of the Muppet segments that Boober_Gorg currently owns.

The years, as he said, are his best guesses, and most of them are pretty darn accurate. :smile: He also lists where the sketches can be found (in case you want an entire episode and are curious to find out what's on it).

Dshibshm

Reaction score
I desperately want the ENGLISH lyrics or video of the Simon Soundman song "All those remind me of you". Or the spelling bee video with the female teacher.

eagleguy05@bellsouth.net

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's very rare and I doubt anyone does have it.