Please pray for my family

Leyla

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been around much. It's been a really rough year, and the pain just doesn't wanna stop. There's been deaths, seperation, disappointment, even something of a betrayal... It's overwhelming, and this week has been particularly awful.

A few days ago a woman pulled out of a parking lot on a road near my house. She was drunk. She hit a car, panicked, and kept on driving to evade police. She then crashed into another car, which was stopped at a light. It hit another car, and then both were hit by another car in an intersection. There was a woman and a baby in one car, and thank goodness, they survived. The woman also survived. But my old french teacher was in the car stopped at the light, and he was killed. I found that out, the day before yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I woke up to the phone ringing. It was my Aunt, and she was crying. She told me that her only grandson, my cousin's baby, my second cousin, a beautiful 5 year old baby named Max was at the hospital... and he was purple, and his heart had stopped, and they were trying to revive him. My cousin is 7 months pregnant. I received an invitation to her baby shower only a few days before.

We hung up, and I called my church's prayer chain to start some emergency prayers. But less than an hour later, my aunt called again and she was crying... and even before she said, "We lost him. He's gone," I knew.

It was another cousin, with her own baby girl, who called me later and gave me the whole story, because Max was such a sweet, healthy strong little boy, no one expected this. He was supposed to start school in September, and he was looking forward to being a big brother. Anyway... he went camping in New Brunswick with his paternal grandparents, and he got a bunch of bug bites, which is not unusual. But he started feeling bad on Saturday, and then started throwing up. They just thought it was the flu. But the next day, he was so sick, they took him to the Moncton hospital. They didn't realise what was happening either, and were giving him lots of fluids, but his kidneys were shutting down, so it was like they were basically drowning him from the inside out. They realised this, and he was flown to the IWK children's hospital in Halifax where they told the family that the next 6 hours would make or break him.

He was begging them for food or water, and they couldn't give him anything. None of the family are wanting to eat because of what he went through. He got worse. It was a bacterial infection... they don't really know exactly what it was, but he started crashing. They brought him back over and over again, but eventually they just couldn't bring him back. They checked out my cousin and her unborn baby, and everything looks okay, but until they know what really killed Max, they're worried about something effecting them. The family's a total wreck. It's so awful to see. I haven't even seen my cousin. She was too upset to go to my Aunt's home where we gathered, because Max was over there everyday playing. She can't go home either for the same reason. It's so devastating. No one expects a five year old healthy child to die in a few days.

He was just a little guy. I can't believe he's gone. The funeral will probably be on Saturday. Anyway, please pray, if you're the praying type, for my family, especially my cousin and her husband, and my Aunt and Uncle, and for the health of the little brother or sister on the way who will never know Max.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm so sorry. In our family, these things tend to bunch together as well. I hope this bad run of your family's ends soon. It will. I'm always available through email and PM if you need it. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh Layla, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*HUGS! ! ! !* I can't tell you enough how upset and sorry I am for you, Layla. It's been on my mind since you told me about it last night. I just know that everything will be okay--because you deserve things to be okay. If I can do ANYthing, you know how to get in touch with me, and you know I will do ANYthing for you! *HUGS* again.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain you and your loved ones are going through. All I can do is give you my prayers and hope for better days for you.

In the Name of Jesus, AMEN!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I want you to know that someone is and will continue to pray for you and your family out there Leyla.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My prayers are with your family!

No one is spared from pain in this life. It's not what happens, but how we choose to deal with it. Good luck to you!

Leyla

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for the support. Big hugs to all of you. It's amazing how comforting it can be to know that people care. Today was the funeral. There were people standing... so many came, which was great. His little casket was so small. Everyone was telling the sweetest stories, like when he had his 4 imaginary friends all lined up to use the bathroom, and he was going last. Holding himself the whole time, and taking three steps forward every few minutes. such a sweetheart. Loved to dance to soldja boy. Had all the moves down pat.

I thought I would post a link to his obituary, so you can see what he looked like. Beautiful little guy, we'll never forget him.

http://www.ebituaries.ca/Ebit.aspx?DaId=853169413

"Grandad, remember that time I hitted your head with an apple?"
"You'd better not!"
"I'd better will!"

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. My condolences.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for the support. Big hugs to all of you. It's amazing how comforting it can be to know that people care. Today was the funeral. There were people standing... so many came, which was great. His little casket was so small. Everyone was telling the sweetest stories, like when he had his 4 imaginary friends all lined up to use the bathroom, and he was going last. Holding himself the whole time, and taking three steps forward every few minutes. such a sweetheart. Loved to dance to soldja boy. Had all the moves down pat.

I thought I would post a link to his obituary, so you can see what he looked like. Beautiful little guy, we'll never forget him.

http://www.ebituaries.ca/Ebit.aspx?DaId=853169413

"Grandad, remember that time I hitted your head with an apple?"
"You'd better not!"
"I'd better will!"
i am so sorry for your loss , Max was such a beautiful boy thank you for posting the obituaries of max that was a wonderful picture that was there of a wonderful boy.
I will be praying for your family i am sorry that i just now saw this . God is there for you all .