Please Read

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
And they are NOT doing that job. Yes, the forum...exists...but that's far from running it and nothing is being done to make it secure
Thank you. This forum is ran worse than the discord. @gavry3 and @Old Thunder run the discord brilliantly. During my time on there (i stepped away from it in October ) they had events such as streaming muppet shows on rabbit. But that isnt the main thing. Gavry and David are interested in their members, they care for members feedback and if they are in a spot of bother or need support @gavry3 , @Old Thunder and the other mods will support them. @The Count and @Phillip don't do that. In fact in 4 years of being here they've held no events, the fourm hasn't changed and I've never had any interaction with Phillip. Even when I've messaged him for support and help. @dwayne1115 you may be happy with the current situation the forum is in but I'm not and many others feel the same way

#FIXYOURFORUM

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And they are NOT doing that job. Yes, the forum...exists...but that's far from running it and nothing is being done to make it secure
Well agree to disagree on that. We use to have a very active thread strictly for reporting Spammers and bots on the forum, and I don't think I've seen a post in that thread in a very long time. It used to be a daily thing that me or others would have to report something, but here lately all is quite. Which I think is due in part to one of the latest forum upgrades.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Muppet central is a joke. That post about muppet central radio just shows how bad it's become. Ed only posts on Hensonville City and Phillip just posts about MC Radio.

I don't just want new staff. I want a complete revamp of the site from top to bottom. Which includes a change in ownership and a new software.

#FIXYOURFORUMORGETOUT

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Muppet central is a joke. That post about muppet central radio just shows how bad it's become. Ed only posts on Hensonville City and Phillip just posts about MC Radio.

I don't just want new staff. I want a complete revamp of the site from top to bottom. Which includes a change in ownership and a new software.

#FIXYOURFORUMORGETOUT
Your wrong! I'm sorry, but your simply wrong. Phill starts a new thread every week about the newest episode of Sesame Street even if the street story is a repeat from seasons past. He has also started a new thread for every new episode of the new Muppet Babies series as well. As for Ed, I see him around on other threads as well. The both of them are active on this forum, and I'm sure they both have read everything being said here.
Now since you brought up the Discord let me give you a few numbers. These are MC current numbers and hopfuly this will help prove my point.
Disscutions: 52,866
Members: 19,390
Now of course the mods on the Discord can give a more personal touch, and outreach to their members. Because, and no disrespect to the Discord they do not have MC's kind of numbers. It's 3 mods vs. 19,390 members here on Muppet Central. You can't expect them to hold everyone's hand and blow everyone's nose when there is always a problem.
Now in contrast to everything I have said. I would love to see a few new mods on the forum, but I think Phill may have a difficulties adding new mods. As a matter of fact before we had a huge forum upgrade Ed had a lot more privileges as a mod then he dose now. So there may also be something in that upgrade that will not allow to add new mods. Not to mention I'm sure they would have to do some kind of interview/screening to find the right fit for a new mod. It's not as simple as drawing names out of a hat or something.
In conclusion, there are a lot of things to consider with the well being of the forum, and it simply takes time.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Some people *cough cough* are missing the point. This isn't about what we want. This is about what's best for Muppet Central. Conor is jumping far too far here. I'm trying to ask politely for a little more involvement and an admin who listens. A change in ownership isn't necessary if those requirements are met.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
It's my opinion.

Muppet Central hasn't changed at all in 4 years of me being here. I do not feel Ed and Phillip are doing enough to keep this forum running. It feels they aren't interested anymore. And a new sesame street episode post once a week could just be an automated post. And really isn't enough to justify him being active

Your wrong! I'm sorry, but your simply wrong. Phill starts a new thread every week about the newest episode of Sesame Street even if the street story is a repeat from seasons past. He has also started a new thread for every new episode of the new Muppet Babies series as well. As for Ed, I see him around on other threads as well. The both of them are active on this forum, and I'm sure they both have read everything being said here.
Now since you brought up the Discord let me give you a few numbers. These are MC current numbers and hopfuly this will help prove my point.
Disscutions: 52,866
Members: 19,390
Now of course the mods on the Discord can give a more personal touch, and outreach to their members. Because, and no disrespect to the Discord they do not have MC's kind of numbers. It's 3 mods vs. 19,390 members here on Muppet Central. You can't expect them to hold everyone's hand and blow everyone's nose when there is always a problem.
Now in contrast to everything I have said. I would love to see a few new mods on the forum, but I think Phill may have a difficulties adding new mods. As a matter of fact before we had a huge forum upgrade Ed had a lot more privileges as a mod then he dose now. So there may also be something in that upgrade that will not allow to add new mods. Not to mention I'm sure they would have to do some kind of interview/screening to find the right fit for a new mod. It's not as simple as drawing names out of a hat or something.
In conclusion, there are a lot of things to consider with the well being of the forum, and it simply takes time.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I'm using my sports fan brain to think about this

In sport if fans aren't happy with team or are unhappy with the ownership they want change and if change isn't brought to the table they want a leadership change.

Thats what I want. I want changes to the fourm. If that doesn't happen I want an ownership change

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well agree to disagree on that. We use to have a very active thread strictly for reporting Spammers and bots on the forum, and I don't think I've seen a post in that thread in a very long time. It used to be a daily thing that me or others would have to report something, but here lately all is quite. Which I think is due in part to one of the latest forum upgrades.
ed has absolutely zero power to properly mod a forum and that's what you're not understanding. he cannot ban people. all he can do is delete posts and give people a slap on the wrist and say dont do that.

all forums can give mods the power to temporarily or permanently ban people. ed cannot do this and he NEEDS this power. but phil refuses to give it to him

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It's my opinion.

Muppet Central hasn't changed at all in 4 years of me being here. I do not feel Ed and Phillip are doing enough to keep this forum running. It feels they aren't interested anymore. And a new sesame street episode post once a week could just be an automated post. And really isn't enough to justify him being active
I guess I would ask myself "What could I do within my limited power to make the MC forums better?" Nothing keeping anyone here from starting a discussion on the latest Muppet video or Muppet Babies episode or latest appearance. Nothing here to keep anyone of us from starting a new games thread. Nothing here to stop any of us from posting the latest Muppet or Sesame Street or Muppeteer news.