Plushtrap puppet

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm making puppets again! Well, I made a puppet. Because I now have a 4-to-6-hour-a-DAY commute (moan whimper) I don't have a lot of free time these days, and arthritis is a thing, so marathon sewing sprees are out.

Anyhow! I made my first new Muppet-style puppet in about a year! This is Plushtrap from the game Five Nights at Freddy's 4:

Sorry for the sloppy pose, but I was so thrilled to finally be finished last night that I just propped her up any way I could. She does have thumbs! You just can't see them because the lighting hardly throws a shadow to define them.

As you can see, I decided to make her Muppetty instead of trying to be 100% faithful to the game design. I thought it would be more fun that way, and involve less tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth. Her head presented some new engineering issues for me, most prominent being her teeth. Those are plastic fork tines glued onto boning around her mouthplate. I also did a Fozzie Bear style drop palate or whatever it's called. You know, where the mouthplates aren't attached, so they don't work as a hinge. You know what I mean.

Hopefully I'll get some better photos of her soon. She will debut at Dragon*Con.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy that you're pursuing your puppetry passions again Kim. This character sounds neat. Understood about the design aesthetic of making it Muppetier rather than 100% character accurate, but as long as you're satisfied with it, that's what matters. I try to do write-ups for the various characters for my own pet project as accurate as possible, but there are times a few liberties have to be taken whether it being adding wardrobe choices or a few details to make sure they're all fully fleshed in terms of my mind's imagination.

Thanks for sharing and have fun at the con. :excited:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Looks great! Hope you guys have a good time together at the convention.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Haha, saw that on the subreddit today! Great puppet you have there!

SandPunk

Reaction score
It is very good to see you building again. It was some of your Fraggle work that inspired me to start my current project.

Dodo

Reaction score
How cute! Not familiar with the character, but I'm always happy to see you doing stuff :smile: (Because seriously, the world is missing something whenever you're not doing stuff)