1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

PM Problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by The Count, Oct 21, 2009.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Great... As if not receiving any notifications today wasn't bad enough, now I can't access my PM folders. Whenever I click on the Private Messages link, I get a Database Error window/statement. So whoever tried sending me a PM today, please send it through the Send email link on my member profile page instead. Thanks, hope this too gets fixed PDQ. :grouchy:
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Whoa, yeah, I just check it out for myself, and yeah I can't get to my inbox either, I get the same database error.

Is this problem with the server, or is Phil doing some minor maintenance at the moment?
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Dunno... If it were a case of maintenance, the whole forum would've been locked down until the cleaning was finished. But since we can still post—in spite of not getting notifications regarding replies to our subscribed threads—I'd say it's something else. :confused:
  4. D'Snowth

Not necessarily - as a forum owner myself (I'm having to do a complete overhaul of the KGZ forum layout right now since Photobucket compressed the graphics, reducing the quality drastically), you can take care of minor problems here and there through out a forum without having to completely lock it down to do so; only in the event of if it was something really big that would disrupt posting would you really have to lock it down.
  5. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

So that's why I've only gotten one e-mail today. And this PM thing is driving me crazy right now, because it keeps telling me that I have unread messages, but I can't go see what it's all about.
  6. D'Snowth

I know how you feel, it's kind of like the opposite effect of that stupid bug/glitch with YouTube where it kept saying you had unread PMs, even though you already read and replied to them.
  7. Gelfling Girl

:eek: Now I have more messages I can't read :sympathy:...Great :rolleyes:
  8. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i actually got to read one form the control panel but of course my pm box is 100% full so i cant do anything :p :eek:
  9. Skye

Skye Active Member

What a weird problem. I also wonder why it is happening...

Hope it gets fixed soon!
  10. D'Snowth

Um, you could delete some of the PMs you already read, then you'd have some free space.
  11. Gelfling Girl

*starts happy-dancing* It's working! It's working!
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, PM's should be working now. If anyone experiences any difficulties though, please post here and we'll investigate further.