1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Political correctness has gone WAY TO FAR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlakeConor14, Dec 26, 2017.

1. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

So your telling me in 10 years or so time if I ever have a baby the doctor will be allowed say congratulations you have a beautiful baby toaster

2. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

Well here we are again with me saying both conservatives and liberals might be playing fast and loose with science, based entirely on personal bias.

3. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm more concerned about warped science that causes problems in the climate, not what people want to call themselves.

jvcarroll likes this.
  4. CensoredAlso

As always, there's a fine line. I saw a BBC documentary once about people who "knew" they should have been born amputees and were anxious to find a doctor who would remove their hands. Is that freedom, or is that a problem?

5. Censored

Nah, by that time, there will probably be laws forcing people to only identify as male or female.

6. CensoredAlso

Talk about your first world problems...We aren't living in 1984. We are living in A Brave New World.

7. Censored

That is highly questionable, but I can't see how it compares to people identifying with more genders than the traditional male or female and calling themselves what they want.

jvcarroll likes this.
  8. CensoredAlso

You don't see a similarity there? In both cases the person "knows" they were born with the wrong body?

Male and female is not some evil "traditional" value.

9. BlakeConor14

There shouldn't be a law it should be normality

10. CensoredAlso

Well both of you can stop worrying. We tend to forget, this is a very small section of the population. Do they deserve to be defended against bullying? 100% yes. Should they be allowed to serve their country? Um, duh! Should society be upended for them? That I'm not so sure of.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  11. Censored

There may be a similarity, but there is definitely a difference too.

12. BlakeConor14

I belive anyone in the lgbtqia+ community deserves to be treated like any one else but susie who hasn't had any attention in a few days and decided to change her gender to microwave gets f*ck all respect from me. I see them people as attention seekers

13. Censored

The curious thing is that political correctness is often ridiculed for supposedly trying to "tell people what they can and can't say, think, and feel." In the case of gender identity, however, political correctness seems to be a problem because it allows people the freedom to say, think, and feel as they please.

jvcarroll likes this.
  14. Censored

Then ignore them instead of worrying about it.

15. BlakeConor14

I don't worry about it

16. Censored

How are they a threat to society?

jvcarroll likes this.
  17. CensoredAlso

I say political correctness is very much not what allows anyone freedom or respect. I think perhaps you notice that conservatives don't like the term PC, therefore you assume it must be something good.

18. CensoredAlso

Not sure how you got threat from what I said.

19. Censored

Or how could they "upend" society?

20. CensoredAlso

Well I tried to bring up science, but we fell back on blaming the right. Just saying. ;)