Politics on MC

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem like Bannanasketch is getting shat on a lot around here? Granted, often times the threads get out of hand, and I miss a lot of the posts, but it almost seems like anytime there's a disagreement that escalates around here, it's over something he said. I don't know.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think we should just chill out on the political talk. That just causes nothing but trouble cause everybody has their own opinion on that kind of stuff and nobody needs to know what the other is thinking on that. Besides, that has NO bearing on whether that person is a good person or not. Just cause one person is a Republican/Democrat/Libertarian/Independent/Whig/Green/Johnny Walker Red/Weirdo/etc. doesn't mean that they aren't a good person. We're in a place, and not just on here, but in society, where if you don't agree with me, you're the fricken devil and I don't believe that should be the thought process on ANYBODY. We shouldn't judge people on politics, religion, gender, race, what-have-you. We should judge them on whether or not they're a good person or not. LOVE EVERYBODY! We shouldn't care whether one person is a different political class than you or not. Who you vote for should be your own dang business and nobody elses but your own. That's why they have those things around your fricken ballot box. So you can vote without somebody knowing who you voted for......either that or to keep people from cheating off your ballot, I'm not sure, I think the latter. Anyways, I don't believe politics should be discussed on a forum like this. That's just my opinion, but I'm right.

Daniel

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
-----------
I personally have always wished LIFE had an "ignore" button. Too many idiots to deal with otherwise...

Yes, others' views on politics and religion should be treated as civilly as possible. For instance, I vehemently disagree with Bananasketch in several areas, but I respect his right to be here and to hold whatever views please him, without resorting to insult.

At least this forum isn't rife with smallminded bullies just looking for a venue to practice their hate crimes. :smile:
--------------
Yeah, I agree that political discussions should be civil. Yes, I also vehemently disagree with you, but I will respect your right to be here and hold those views. I'm really not here to hunt down those I disagree with and argue. That's never been my intention here.

As for your second point, I'm glad too. I'd be just as angry with a Conservative coming here to push their agenda as I would with a Liberal doin the same thing.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Bannanasketch is getting shat on a lot around here? Granted, often times the threads get out of hand, and I miss a lot of the posts, but it almost seems like anytime there's a disagreement that escalates around here, it's over something he said. I don't know.
Well, I don't know. Perhaps, it's because I'm one of the only Conservatives on the forum. I can't say this is completely true with every member I talk politics with but it has been common with some other members.

As much as it seems like I purposely get involved, I really do try to avoid political arguments unless I feel like I need to. I'm here to hang out with other Muppets fans and enjoy myself. Politics was never my intention when I first signed on for MC Forums.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Well, I don't know. Perhaps, it's because I'm one of the only Conservatives on the forum. I can't say this is completely true with every member I talk politics with but it has been common with some other members.

You think you're alone? I'm probably the only anarchist on the board.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Politics was never my intention when I first signed on for MC Forums.
I don't think anybody here ever intended on discussing politics here on MC either, it seems to be one of those subjects that just spur up at any given moment, and those who are really opinionated (like myself at times) feel the need to speak their mind about a subject matter.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'll admit, sometimes discussions can get out of hand and become very heated debates. But, that's what happens when people with different view points have a discussion. No one's here to all agree with each other on everything. They're here to express their ideas, whether or not people will like them or not. If you have a problem with someone, just don't read what they write and move on. It's not hard at all.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
For some people it is...not saying anyone here in particular, but some people really are just so hard headed they don't know when enough is enough

KingR76

Reaction score
I always try to stay away from:

* Politics.
* Religion.

And to be honest, getting into discussions about my Fandoms.

First two are almost like battlegrounds and O i just kickback and let people debate as and when they need to.