1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Poll: Favorites Songs on Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I am wanting to get some info from you guys. If you listen to Muppet Central Radio please take a couple minutes to carefully think about this and let me know your feedback.

Before I ask the question, here are some requirements before you answer...

1. Please do not answer the following to my question: Rainbow Connection, Mahna Mahna, Bein' Green, The Muppet Show Theme or Moving' Right Along. Variations of these songs (like The Magic Store or Bein' Green Disco) don't count either.

2. For this survey, I am only interested in songs that feature the Classic Muppet Show characters, not any of the other Henson worlds (Sesame Street, Fraggle, Bear etc.)

Ok... taking into account the three statements above, what do YOU think are the next five, most popular Muppet songs of all time. Keep in mind, I'm including Rainbow Connection, Mahna Mahna, Bein' Green, The Muppet Show Theme and Movin' Right Along as the top five. I'm curious to find out if we can come to some sort of agreement what would be 6-10. By the way, I'm counting Sing as a Sesame Street song, even though the Classic Muppets have done it.

Are you up for the challenge? Let me know what you think should fill slots 6-10. I have ideas on how to maybe fill the slots but I wanted to see what you guys thought. The results of this feedback will help to make a difference on our Muppet Central Radio playlist.

If you have never listened to Muppet Central Radio, you can do so here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml
  2. favouite muppet songs

ok, well i dont listen to muppet central 24 hours a day, so im not sure if any of these have been played, but...i would really love to hear them occasionally!
    here are my favourites...

the cat came back, um..no guest star was in that sketch
    turn the world around with harry belafonte
    ones on the way from the loretta lynn episode
    50 ways to 'love your lever' done by the electric mayhem
    windmills of my mind, a whatnot muppet with spinning legs..
    inchworm, was it the danny kaye show??
    the gardening song that john denver sings..
    hugga wugga..
    somebodys getting married from tmtm
    momma dont allow...? dudley moore, mama and the electric mayhem
    ooh, the 'at the dance' music

no doubt ill be forgetting heaps, but that should get you started!
    ;)
  3. Phillip

All of those are in our current rotation except for "Momma Dont Allow". I'll make a note of that one to be considered in the future.
  4. current rotation..

o cool!
    is there a listing somewhere of all the songs that get played...that we can view...?
    :confused:
  5. Phillip

No, there isn't a complete list. One of the requirements of being a legal station is that we do not publish our entire playlist. The playlist is always changing as well.
  6. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

When I saw this thread I said to myself this is easy, and I began to write down the songs that I thought was great.
    But I had to stop because suddenly I had 20 or so songs on that list and you only wanted 5 songs.
    So this is actually a very hard question. But here goes my suggestion for slot 6-10:

6: Half way down the stairs
    7: New York State of Mind
    8: Together again
    9: Hugga Wugga
    10: The Onion song
  7. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

My favourite song I have ever heard on muppet central radio is Consider Yourself and I think it was sung by Edgar Bergan and Charlie McCarthy.
    I have only heard this song once unfortunately though. I dont listen to muppet central radio that much though, maybe once or twice a week. :)
  8. anymuppet

anymuppet New Member

6. The Rhyming Song
    7. Pig Calypso
    8. The Cat Came Back
    9. Windmills of Your Mind
    10. Pachalafaka

(With an honorable mention goin to Ragg Mopp, just because I love that song :flirt: :sing: )
  9. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

6. Just One Person
    7. Turn the World Around
    8. Java
    9. Wishing Song
    10. New York State of Mind

-Kim
  10. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

my fave Muppet Radio tunes...

here's are some of my most fave tunes from Muppet Radio. Play them every five minutes if ya like... :sing:

-Goodbye yellowbrick road
    -Wotcher Knocked 'Em In The Old Kent Road
    -Sweet Gingerbred Man
    -Hugga Wugga
    -Six string orchestra

I try to listen to Muppet Radio every chance I get. It's my favorite!!
    There's some other songs I love that I haven't heard yet, please play them if ya can. Thanks so much! :flirt:

-You and I and George...Rowlf
    -When I need Love...the Leo Sayer episode
    -Your the Top...kermit and ethel merman?
    -the songs from 'Frog Prince'
    oh yeah, and definately the Dudley 'momma don't allow' song!!

'Mahna Mahna' is my all time fave from the Top 5. :)

Woo Hoo!!!
  11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well live365 hates my guts, but I do love to listen when it's not being a meanie head

I love to hear anything from the muppet show.....since I've never seen a complete episode, I love to hear the songs!

I'm trying to think of specific titles, but my slow internet connection makes it where I only get to see every other song title, and the one I want to see is the one I don't....just like right now.

but New York State of Mind is DEFINATELY up there, and so is How Could You Believe Me. that song is hilarious
  12. Phillip

Sarah,

What speed is your connection? If you are at a really slow speed (14.4 or 28.8) it will sometimes cause problems. If you at 56k or higher, you should be able to listen without any trouble.

You may want to re-run the listening wizard at the link below. Be sure to choose the Live365 player as your default.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Nothing can match the tactful, and brilliant words of Sarah.

It doesn't much care for me either, though I've never even seen a 56k connection... grrr! :mad:

:)
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well, it's SUPPOSED to run at 56K...but knowing all the stuff I've put on here :o it runs at 24. So I suppose it would work better if I got rid of weatherbug and everything else.....

any suggestions?
  15. Muppetsdownunder

I have a really slow computer and a 33k modem which connects at about 28k and muppet central radio drops out all the time but its fine if I do not go on any websites whilst the radio is on. :)
  16. Muppetsdownunder

Sarah, it probably isnt because of the programs you have on the computer. Some phone lines just cannot connect at speeds higher than 24k, most 56k modems round here only connect at about 28k and my 33k modem only connects at that too.

As a tip, its always good for all internet users to use up top date virus protection aswell as use a program called "adaware" regularly (http://www.lavasoft.de)
    You can download it free from their website and its an excellent program that clears all bad stuff off computers that should not be there. Some programs downloaded from the internet either by you or without your knowledge can do very bad things to your computer and can cause security problems too. They can also cause slow connections as they sometimes send data back to base such as credit card details names and stuff that is typed into internet forms such as emails and passwords.

I highly recomend that any internet users install this program, believe me you will be totally surprised what bad things you have on your computer without even knowing about them. :)
  17. Muppetsdownunder

I am really sorry, I gave the wrong url to the site before but I have since edited it. Here is a direct link the adaware section of the site:
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
    Believe me this is a great program! :)
  18. Phillip

By the way, here are the five songs settled on for slots 6-10.

Halfway Down the Stairs
    I'm Going To Go Back There Someday
    Just One Person
    Can You Picture That?
    Happy Feet
  19. Muppetsdownunder

They are nice songs, but so are most muppet songs! :)