Poll: Favorites Songs on Muppet Central Radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am wanting to get some info from you guys. If you listen to Muppet Central Radio please take a couple minutes to carefully think about this and let me know your feedback.

Before I ask the question, here are some requirements before you answer...

1. Please do not answer the following to my question: Rainbow Connection, Mahna Mahna, Bein' Green, The Muppet Show Theme or Moving' Right Along. Variations of these songs (like The Magic Store or Bein' Green Disco) don't count either.

2. For this survey, I am only interested in songs that feature the Classic Muppet Show characters, not any of the other Henson worlds (Sesame Street, Fraggle, Bear etc.)

Ok... taking into account the three statements above, what do YOU think are the next five, most popular Muppet songs of all time. Keep in mind, I'm including Rainbow Connection, Mahna Mahna, Bein' Green, The Muppet Show Theme and Movin' Right Along as the top five. I'm curious to find out if we can come to some sort of agreement what would be 6-10. By the way, I'm counting Sing as a Sesame Street song, even though the Classic Muppets have done it.

Are you up for the challenge? Let me know what you think should fill slots 6-10. I have ideas on how to maybe fill the slots but I wanted to see what you guys thought. The results of this feedback will help to make a difference on our Muppet Central Radio playlist.

If you have never listened to Muppet Central Radio, you can do so here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
favouite muppet songs

ok, well i dont listen to muppet central 24 hours a day, so im not sure if any of these have been played, but...i would really love to hear them occasionally!
here are my favourites...

the cat came back, um..no guest star was in that sketch
turn the world around with harry belafonte
ones on the way from the loretta lynn episode
50 ways to 'love your lever' done by the electric mayhem
windmills of my mind, a whatnot muppet with spinning legs..
inchworm, was it the danny kaye show??
the gardening song that john denver sings..
hugga wugga..
somebodys getting married from tmtm
momma dont allow...? dudley moore, mama and the electric mayhem
ooh, the 'at the dance' music

no doubt ill be forgetting heaps, but that should get you started!
:wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of those are in our current rotation except for "Momma Dont Allow". I'll make a note of that one to be considered in the future.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
current rotation..

o cool!
is there a listing somewhere of all the songs that get played...that we can view...?
:confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there isn't a complete list. One of the requirements of being a legal station is that we do not publish our entire playlist. The playlist is always changing as well.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
When I saw this thread I said to myself this is easy, and I began to write down the songs that I thought was great.
But I had to stop because suddenly I had 20 or so songs on that list and you only wanted 5 songs.
So this is actually a very hard question. But here goes my suggestion for slot 6-10:

6: Half way down the stairs
7: New York State of Mind
8: Together again
9: Hugga Wugga
10: The Onion song

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
My favourite song I have ever heard on muppet central radio is Consider Yourself and I think it was sung by Edgar Bergan and Charlie McCarthy.
I have only heard this song once unfortunately though. I dont listen to muppet central radio that much though, maybe once or twice a week. :smile:

anymuppet

Reaction score
6. The Rhyming Song
7. Pig Calypso
8. The Cat Came Back
9. Windmills of Your Mind
10. Pachalafaka

(With an honorable mention goin to Ragg Mopp, just because I love that song :flirt: :sing: )

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
6. Just One Person
7. Turn the World Around
8. Java
9. Wishing Song
10. New York State of Mind

-Kim