Popular Shows that You Hate

robodog

Reaction score
Oh lord, don't even remind me; I had one of those as well, that thing required a LOT of commitment! I mean seriously, after a while, my Pocket Pikachu did NOTHING but turn its back on me because apparently I "neglected" it.
Was it grey or yellow? The gray one was nearly impossible to please. The yellow version was far more easygoing. I kept the yellow version happy with minimal effort. The grey one never seemed to be satisfied with anything I did for it. I ended up giving that one away. But I wish I still had my yellow Pocket Pikachu.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uhoh. Know what it's time for?

UNpopular shows I hate:

Green Screen Adventures: WHY?!?!?! And it's on, like, 3 channels over here. How cheap is it to produce!?! Of course it is. Untalented teenage/20 somethings maybe jumping around like idiots. Something kids desperately want to see.

Zula Patrol: REALLY!?!? How many times a day does it have to freaking be on? And it airs OPPOSITE itself in my area. It's possible to see an hour and a half of that BOTH Weekend days via PBS Kids and Qubo. Doesn't need to be on that many channels.

Finally...

Freaking...kid's... Cooking Shows: And no. They don't cook fun stuff. They cook healthy stuff and throw in slang. Yeah. That's what kids want to watch.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I know a lot of people liked this show, but I could NEVER stand Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. The protagonist (if you can call him that, since many of the predicaments were his fault to begin with) is an unlikable jerk (yeah, I know I said in the Pixar thread that perfect, saintly characters are boring, but there should be a gray area between Mary Sue and complete jerk) and all of the supporting cast are annoying stereotypes. Let's run down the list, shall we?:
  • The two best friends who are morons (because, of course, brilliant people always surround themselves with idiots)
  • The girl-who's-mean-to-the-boy-but-she-secretly-loves-him (come on, it doesn't get more clichéd than that. Hey Arnold did it, this show did it, Rugrats did it [although at least that character only appeared once], even iCarly [oh, I'll get to that later] tried this. Come on, people who write for kids' shows have to know more than that!)
  • The "sassy" black girl. TV writers in general need to know more than this. Not all black women and girls have (or need to have) "attitude." TRY SOMETHING NEW.
  • The bumbling parents, of whom the mother is always the more competent one, while her husband is always a large child himself.
  • I think you all get the point...
On top of that, the writing is awful, smug, and filled with stupid one-liners that we've all heard a zillion times. Plus, 10-year-old boys who still think girls are icky and don't want to be seen talking to them? Give me a break. My mother teaches six-year-olds, and she says the boys aren't like that at THAT age. There's suspension of disbelief, but then, there's just insulting people's intelligence.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well let's see...

• Dragon Ball Z
  • Game of thrones
  • Glee
  • Love and Hip Hop
  • The Walking Dead
  • Victorious
  • Big Time Rush
Yeah...
That's about it.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
here's my list
Family Guy, Adventure Time, any sitcom

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if it qualifies as popular, since it's always on the brink of cancellation and somehow keeps getting renewed, and I don't know anyone who even watches it.

But Parenthood.

I mean, they tried to market it as this funny little thing from the people behind Arrested Development, and what came out was a melancholy hour of dull. Like Thirtysomething was. Never cared for that, even as an adult.

It's like the same reason I hate Grey's Anatomy (despite the Lady in the Lake/Um Jammer Lammy being part of the cast). I really liked Scrubs. Scrubs was the fun one with very hard dramatic undertones. Grey's Anatomy was an hour long, completely depressing and less likable version of Scrubs. Paranthood is the dull, miserable, never upbeat version of Modern Family (I love Modern Family BTW).

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Two words: SpongeBob SquarePants. I didn't find it entertaining as a kid, and it's dumb and overrated. I much preferred shows like Rugrats, CatDog, Animaniacs, Recess, Lilo and Stitch, VeggieTales, 321 Penguins, The Smurfs, Snorks, Garfield and Friends, Hannah Montana and That's So Raven as a kid.

Uhoh. Know what it's time for?

UNpopular shows I hate:

Green Screen Adventures: WHY?!?!?! And it's on, like, 3 channels over here. How cheap is it to produce!?! Of course it is. Untalented teenage/20 somethings maybe jumping around like idiots. Something kids desperately want to see.

Zula Patrol: REALLY!?!? How many times a day does it have to freaking be on? And it airs OPPOSITE itself in my area. It's possible to see an hour and a half of that BOTH Weekend days via PBS Kids and Qubo. Doesn't need to be on that many channels.
I watched Green Screen Adventures once when my cable provider first got ThisTV, when I was checking out their shows. The show is supposed to teach kids about literacy, and has segments where you have to write about a subject matter that come on before commercial breaks. As for Zula Patrol, it only airs once a week on ION here since we don't get qubo, and the station that aired it here, WYNE dumped every kids program they had since 2006 or so for programs that were about arts and crafts and films made by high school students.
I also have a similar problem to your Zula Patrol problem here-whenever Family Guy airs on FOX here, no matter if it's new or syndicated, both My9 and CW are running the syndicated version. Also, Lassie once aired on TBN at the same time another network was airing it.