1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Possible Gorch appearance tonight

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Convincing John, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Hey folks,
    Tonight at 8PM Central time, NBC is showing a special that focuses on the first five years of Saturday Night Live. Read more about it here:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/SNL_First_Five_Years/

There may be mention of the Gorch characters in this special...maybe not. Just thought I'd give the heads up in case someone wanted to check it out.

As a true blue fan of the early SNL years (especially of Gilda Radner), I'll definitely be taping!

Convincing John
  2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

I taped this last night and I'm watching it right now. They're starting to talk about season two. No mention of the Muppets at all -- just like most of the books on SNL.
  3. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Too bad, but I want to see it anyway. My sister taped it for me.
  4. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I just heard they're going to release a MUCHO extended version of this documentary on DVD. Hopefully they'll mention the Muppets there. :)
  5. HeartlessGiant

HeartlessGiant New Member

I taped it too. It was a great special, but sadly not even the slightest mention of the muppets. They could've at least admitted their existence and just had a half minute about how everyone hated them (mucking fuppets). That at least would be something.

I guess they're just SO ashamed of the sketches that they really want to erase any record of their existence. Sad really.
  6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

The closest thing to a reference to the Muppets on this was during a montage of old black and white photos during someone's narration; one of them was a picture of Jerry Nelson puppeteering Scred. But that was it.