Possible Gorch appearance tonight

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Tonight at 8PM Central time, NBC is showing a special that focuses on the first five years of Saturday Night Live. Read more about it here:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/SNL_First_Five_Years/

There may be mention of the Gorch characters in this special...maybe not. Just thought I'd give the heads up in case someone wanted to check it out.

As a true blue fan of the early SNL years (especially of Gilda Radner), I'll definitely be taping!

Convincing John

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
I taped this last night and I'm watching it right now. They're starting to talk about season two. No mention of the Muppets at all -- just like most of the books on SNL.

Whatever

Reaction score
Too bad, but I want to see it anyway. My sister taped it for me.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I just heard they're going to release a MUCHO extended version of this documentary on DVD. Hopefully they'll mention the Muppets there. :smile:

HeartlessGiant

Reaction score
I taped it too. It was a great special, but sadly not even the slightest mention of the muppets. They could've at least admitted their existence and just had a half minute about how everyone hated them (mucking fuppets). That at least would be something.

I guess they're just SO ashamed of the sketches that they really want to erase any record of their existence. Sad really.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
The closest thing to a reference to the Muppets on this was during a montage of old black and white photos during someone's narration; one of them was a picture of Jerry Nelson puppeteering Scred. But that was it.