1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Possible Muppety Addition to Disney Infinity...

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by galagr, Aug 29, 2013.

?

Which sketch (hopefully soon to be figure) looks the best?

1. Kermit

31.4%
  2. Fozzie

5.7%
  3. Miss Piggy

11.4%
  4. Gonzo

8.6%
  5. Animal

11.4%
  6. Beaker

31.4%

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

A Disney artist that mainly deals with merchandise has released sketches he had done recently regarding the Muppets. Now, it's not confirmed quite yet, but the figures definitely have a Disney Infinity quality to them. Even if they don't get released, they still look like pretty cool drawings! For full info on this subject, here's the link to the article:
    http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/08/29/infinity-beyond-muppets-play-set-movin-right-along/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*sniff* So...so beautiful. Heck, I'm not the biggest Animal fan (in fact, you could even say that I think he's overrated, over merchandised...*ahem* nevermind) and I think he looks really neat!

2. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Man, I've been trying to not buy Disney Infinity at my wallet's request, but if these little guys start showing up in stores...

I'm sorry, wallet.

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Animal and Beaker look great!

ShanaynayXD and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Even though I don't have any plans to grab any new gen system to grab the game, these figures look too good to pass up. Eh... if they do indeed get made at any rate.

I noticed that they actually have Scrooge McDuck's money bin in the game. Hope that means, in addition to Muppets, we get some fine feathered friends in there as well.

SkeetScootSquat and ShanaynayXD like this.
  5. dwayne1115

Interesting!
    The mighty return of Launchpad McQuack

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

PS3 owners have apparently been getting locked out of their ps3s because of the game. It's like, causing the ps3 to freeze or something. Last I heard anyway. I didn't look too much into it nor do I really care. If anything I'd rather get skylanders...because I prefer platformers over...whatever this is

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Which would be awesome, but at least get Donald and Scrooge in there.

I really wish Disney would make some merchandising for Ducktales Remastered, though. There's, like, art prints. Just nothing else.

8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, I wonder if those sketches were done by Monty Maldovan from the DDG. Then again, I wouldn't know due to blind batty eyes, just basic Muppet Disney merch knowledge. :fanatic:

9. dwayne1115

I love theses I just hope they get used some ay some how.

10. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Um...I guess I'm the only one that has actually purchased Disney Infinity...

Actually, so far, Scrooge has quite a few items in the "Toy Box" mode. Among his Money Bin (which, surprisingly enough, you can enter), there are "Costumes" of Scrooge and the Beagle Boys. A costume is basically a little character that walks around and doesn't really talk (aside from the occasional grunt or exclamation). And Scrooge's Lucky Dime will appear as a power disc (basically a power up that you have to purchase in stores) that increases your coins by 20%.

So yeah, combined with all that schtuff, and the fact that there are MANY nostalgic fans out there begging for the Disney Afternoon characters (although, I wouldn't count on Bonkers or Disney's Doug), I'd say there's at least a chance of seeing Scrooge McDuck as a playable character in the future. Who knows? Maybe he can bounce around on his cane like he did in the original DuckTales game for the NES.

Although, I would kill to see a Darkwing Duck figure...

11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention it, but Kermit makes a small cameo in the game, as well as the EM bus. Kermit can be found in the Hall of Heroes.

12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Nice that would be awesome i would buy the figures even without the game.... lol

13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

There aren't any Muppet figures on the current release schedules for Disney Infinity.
    If I find out some information on these figures and if I am allow to tell you, I will let you know.

14. dwayne1115

So i don't quite understand this, are they toys, or a video game?

15. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Ooh! Looks like we have an inside agent. But, yeah, if you do find un-confidential information, please share it with us!

Ah, yes! Forgot about the EM bus. Thanks for reminding me!

Also, there is a Muppet Townperson (or Costume, whatever you call it) pack that includes (of course) Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Animal. So the Muppets do have a, albeit small, presence in the game.

16. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

both...the "toy" is kind of how you unlock the character in the game, without the toy you cant use the character...think of it like pokemon

17. dwayne1115

All this talk about Ducktails and what have you made me go out and buy vol 3 of the set, plus Darkwing duck, and Rescue Rangers. At 10.00$ each ya can't beat it.

I saw a ad for the game on the Disney Channel and from what I could see it looks like a fun game that with or without the Muppets would be a fun game. However the Muppets would make a good addition to the game in my option.

SkeetScootSquat and ToodlesTeam like this.
  18. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I can now confirm, these are definitely NOT for Disney Infinity.

19. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Not that I plan to buy the game, but poo. Muppets would be a good addition to that game.

Still, I hope these figures get made. I'd get one of each. Maybe two of Miss Piggy so she could high-five herself.

Dunno about "sports bra Gonzo" though...

SkeetScootSquat and ShanaynayXD like this.
  20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

You sure? For Disney not to make this in coincide with Muppets Most Wanted in Spring would be, well...

stupid

ShanaynayXD and muppetlover123 like this.