Possible Muppety Addition to Disney Infinity...

Which sketch (hopefully soon to be figure) looks the best?

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
You sure? For Disney not to make this in coincide with Muppets Most Wanted in Spring would be, well...

stupid
Yes, straight from Disney. The figures don't exist, and they were drawn for inspiration and the images weren't suppose to be released to the public, and definitely not for Infinity.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
aw what a shame but doesn't seem to surprise me guessing these won't be released as infinity figures good old Disney logic don't release merchandise for upcoming muppet movie but release everything with the Planes name on it

Drtooth

Reaction score
Planes.

The movie that's such a hit, it barely made back its budget.

No, the real sob story is the fact that Lone Ranger and Tonto are characters. Even if the film wasn't a freaking flop, the characters aren't going to appeal to anyone under the age of (generously saying this) 30. A Muppety Upgrade for MMW would be brilliant. Something they really should consider.

Still... the fact that they put that much into Lone Ranger... a movie they weren't going to make and shouldn't have made... that they were the first inductees into Disney infinity says something. It says, "we passed up internet favorite Wreck-It-Ralph figures for an unsure gamble." Ralph's in the game, sure... but why no Ralph or Vanellope toys?

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Planes.

Still... the fact that they put that much into Lone Ranger... a movie they weren't going to make and shouldn't have made... that they were the first inductees into Disney infinity says something. It says, "we passed up internet favorite Wreck-It-Ralph figures for an unsure gamble." Ralph's in the game, sure... but why no Ralph or Vanellope toys?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Infinity

Looks like Ralph and Vanellope figures are planned for an upcoming release...

But sadly, no Muppets.

galagr

Reaction score

If I had a dime for every time Disney passed up the opportunity to please the majority but pleased the few, I would have enough money to...

Buy all the "Cars" stuff on clearance at the Disney Store.

But, Ralph and Vanellope are coming in December. The tenth, I believe.

It seems as though every Disney franchise EXCEPT The Muppets gets huge recognition of some sort. Lone Ranger loses 190 Million and is poorly reviewed? Pfft. Give it a page of merchandise on the online Disney Store, and a part in Disney Infinity.

The Muppets makes back triple their budget and gets good reviews? Ha! Try a page of merchandise, half of which is DVD's that were already there, and a few Disney Channel bumpers to advertise the movie.

I have an awful feeling "Muppets Most Wanted" is going to be drastically under-merchandised as well.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
In all real honestly, what could the muppets even do in the game gameplay wise? Think of it that way. Some characters its pretty obvious. But what game play elements would the muppets even bring? Lame platforming?

Sorry to play devil's advocate but...

jvcarroll

Reaction score
In all real honestly, what could the muppets even do in the game gameplay wise? Think of it that way. Some characters its pretty obvious. But what game play elements would the muppets even bring? Lame platforming?

Sorry to play devil's advocate but...
What would Mike Wazowski do gamewise? I don't see what makes the Muppets any different than the rest of the characters.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Honestly guys as a fellow gamer, i have to say give this time, it just came out while i dont own it personally, i have hard decent things and might pick it up

and remember this games been in the works for a bit now and i am sure there is more to come
anyone remember the trailer..the world was huge and almost open ended

also remember all the competition that's against it, Pokemon and Skylanders

Disney did one thing those didnt and that was releasig the game for all consoles so no one was left out

i could see this becoming huge, character exclusives, store exclusives, theme park, etc they have the potential of "catch em all" with an endless supply of Disney genres

Muppets could come..dont write them off yet..and i know i am giving Disney more love right now, but really support the game, it shows that people like it and wont die after a year and tons of characters scrapped

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like Ralph and Vanellope figures are planned for an upcoming release...

But sadly, no Muppets.
Had a feeling they were. But it's so counter-intuitive not to have them as part of the initial line up. They are video game characters, after all.

It seems as though every Disney franchise EXCEPT The Muppets gets huge recognition of some sort. Lone Ranger loses 190 Million and is poorly reviewed? Pfft. Give it a page of merchandise on the online Disney Store, and a part in Disney Infinity.
To be fair, Disney didn't think the movie they weren't going to make was going...to...

The movie they weren't initially going to make because they didn't think they'd do well... based on something no one under the age of 60 cares about... uh.

Well, they were delusional that it would have done well, and didn't think it would bomb that badly. They already programmed the game and drawn out merchandising plans before the film came out.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Well, the Electric Mayhem Bus is coming on one of the power disks in Series 2. But Muppets would be cool. Not just a bus