Possible New Marvin Suggs Reference on the Simpsons

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey,

Tonight on the Simpsons, there was a (possible) reference to the Muppephone. Nelson was auditioning to be Krusty the Clown's "Krusteteer" with an act.

Nelson had some of the class nerds (like Martin) tied in a row. He hit their backs, making them yell "Ow ow ow" in a song (no it wasn't Lady of Spain).

Convincing John

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I saw the episode and immediately thought of the Muppephone as well. It was so dead-on that I'm sure that's what the writers had in mind.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I saw that also and thought to myself boy some one's been watching their muppet show dvd's

Drtooth

Reaction score
I missed this episode. Now, it could be one of two things....

A Marvin Suggs refference, or a Monty Python reference.

The Monty Python skit in question is called Mouse Organ. And I really think it's what the idea of Marvin Suggs is based off of. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Same basic idea, but with Mice.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I missed this episode. Now, it could be one of two things....

A Marvin Suggs refference, or a Monty Python reference.

The Monty Python skit in question is called Mouse Organ. And I really think it's what the idea of Marvin Suggs is based off of. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Same basic idea, but with Mice.
Oh yeah, the Mouse Organ! Classic Python! Well, here's the Muppet Wiki entry on Marvin Suggs, which does mention the Mouse Organ bit:

Marvin Suggs

According to the Wiki, it's still up in the air whether or not Marvin came from Monty Python or not. Even Frank Oz doesn't know where Marvin came from.:smirk:

Here's the link to the Mouse Organ sketch for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

And the episode of the Simpsons with Nelson's act can be seen here. (Click on the episode "All About Lisa"). Nelson's act (the possible reference to Marvin or Monty Python) is found at the 4:30 mark for anyone who missed it. Although Nelson used his fists (not a mallet), it's the "ow ow ow!" of the class nerds that made me take notice.

With all the Muppet references lately in recent Simpsons episodes (Kermit, Piggy & Fozzie), a Marvin Suggs reference by them wouldn't surprise me. Maybe we'll just have to wait for the DVD commentary or the folks at Muppet Wiki to solve the mystery.:search:

Convincing John

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If I hadn't read this thread before I saw the episodes. I don't think I would've seen it as a reference.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
If I hadn't read this thread before I saw the episodes. I don't think I would've seen it as a reference.
You must not have seen much of Marvin Suggs then:stick_out_tongue:
I really love him in season 3 of the muppet show, he's so crazy.
But you know it's odd looking at him and looking action figure..why does the action figure have chin hair? Does anyone know? Since the puppet doesn't seem to.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
With all the Muppet references lately in recent Simpsons episodes (Kermit, Piggy & Fozzie), a Marvin Suggs reference by them wouldn't surprise me. Maybe we'll just have to wait for the DVD commentary or the folks at Muppet Wiki to solve the mystery.:search:
Well, the Simpsons have done ALOT of things refering to the muppets. But I saw this episode and didnt think much of it (altohugh did get a strange feeling like I've seen it before). It wasnt until I read this thread that I made the connection. :smirk:

on one of the comentaries on the simpsons (I think) someone said that if they make fun of you that means they like you. So obviously the people who make the simpsons love the muppets