Possible recipe for eyes?

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hey guys i just saw this video clip. It's a recipe for sillyputty. I'm thinking this could possibly be made into eyes, if it dries, and is not too porouse(sp?) and colapses into crumbs.
I just made an experiment myself, but i did'nt use liquid starch i just used glue and potatoe-flour. I'll see in a few hours what the result is.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Ok, so this thing dries but it's still a bit squishy. Is here a chemic in the house that can tell me what to add to the mixture for it to harden? It might be great for eyes...anyone?

MGov

Reaction score
I think it's easier to use Crayola Model Magic for eyes. It's workable and dries very light weight. Or Sculpey or Fimo. I like doing stuff from scratch as much as anyone, but there comes a point where I don't want to spend extra time making something so I can make something else. It's like the guy on "New Yankee Workshop". He's always building a jig so he can build a jig so he can make a corner of an ugly end table.

In the long run, are you saving time and money by doing this yourself?

BorkBork

Reaction score
Ofcourse i can use pingpongballs, and get a good result without much work. However, i think it could be fun to make them from scratch. And that is the essence of why we do this isn't it? It's fun, and finding new things to keep it fun just adds to the creativity.

BorkBork

Reaction score
After a couple of days the eyeball i made has gotten pretty hard. I guess hard enogh to use on puppets. The only thing i worry about is that it probably isn't resistant to water. I'll try some coating. I'll give a report as soon as i have tried it out.