Possible Season 37 episodes

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I remember Rusty from the camp episodes, wasn't he kind of more of a "depressed" type of person though? It's funny that he'd wait more than 20 years to visit Big Bird. Lol.

I liked the idea about the Count and Cookie Monster. That would be a good way to get both of them in a street scene.

The Snuffy and Slimey ep sounds good, but I wonder if that could be done since Marty Robinson performs both of them. Then again, I remember a sketch where Snuffy played hide-and-seek with Slimey and it ended up that Slimey was on Snuffy's fur, so I guess I could see an episode with them together.

It can happen. It would be as complicated to just have someone else perform Slimey for the scenes where they are together. IMO anyone can perform Slimey.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I remember Rusty from the camp episodes, wasn't he kind of more of a "depressed" type of person though? It's funny that he'd wait more than 20 years to visit Big Bird. Lol.
Well technically it was 23 years ago when those episodes aired. But muppets don't really age all that much, (if at all) so in Sesame time, it would only be a year or 2 since Big Bird has seen Rusty. I don't think there would be a problem with doing this, and showing flashback scenes of those episodes. Afterall in the late 90's they showed an episode where they talked about Mr. Hooper and showed flashback clips with him in that episode.

Rosewood

Reaction score
BEAR said:
And actually some of Booberfraggle's concepts are better than what has been airing lately.
"Here, here!" I agree with that!

G-MAN

Reaction score
I like a lot of your ideas, especially the ones with Baby Bear and Herry, and the Count and Cookie Monster.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Well technically it was 23 years ago when those episodes aired. But muppets don't really age all that much, (if at all) so in Sesame time, it would only be a year or 2 since Big Bird has seen Rusty. I don't think there would be a problem with doing this, and showing flashback scenes of those episodes. Afterall in the late 90's they showed an episode where they talked about Mr. Hooper and showed flashback clips with him in that episode.
I hadn't really thought of that, but these days it doesn't seem like they make references when something happens that far back. (Mentioning Mr. Hooper is an exception since Big Bird's had his picture in his nest area for so long.) It seems like the writers were never big on continuity. For example, Telly hangs out with the newer characters (For example: Zoe, Baby Bear, etc.) but he seems to act like he's been on the street the same amount of time they were. He never made any reference to the fact that he's been around much longer than them.

I really liked your idea about bringing back Rusty though. It just doesn't sound like something the writers would do. That would be great if they did though, so kids who watch the show today could meet characters who were around years ago.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I also got thinking about Rusty's voice. Richard Hunt originally performed Rusty, so he would have to have a new muppeteer. I think David Rudman would be perfect as Rusty. If you listen to Rusty's voice, he sounds just like the type of charachter David Rudman would play today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here are some of my ideas for future SS episodes...

1. Elmo and Ernie have a play-date, much to the unpleasant dis-may to Oscar, who decides to hatch a plan to ruin their happy fun.

2. Ernie has an accident, but is afraid to tell Bert, for fear that Bert will make fun of him, and call him a baby.

3. Big Bird wakes up one morning to discover everyone else is still asleep, or possibly the world has stood still for everyone but him! The grown-ups remind Big Bird that the previous night was Daylights Saving, and he forgot to change his clock.

4. Cookie Monster is devasted when he learns the truth that his favorite super hero, Captain Cookie is only an actor, with no super powers.

5. Gabi and Miles discover they have "feelings" for each other.

6. Grover holds a geography class for Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe, Telly, Baby Bear, and Cookie Monster. He intends to teach them about the neighboring countries. With the help of Rosita, Grover is able to teach everyone about Mexico. Then with the surprise help of Colin Mochrie and Kathy Greenwood, Grover is also able to teach everyone about Canada.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Here are some of my ideas for future SS episodes...

1. Elmo and Ernie have a play-date, much to the unpleasant dis-may to Oscar, who decides to hatch a plan to ruin their happy fun.

2. Ernie has an accident, but is afraid to tell Bert, for fear that Bert will make fun of him, and call him a baby.

3. Big Bird wakes up one morning to discover everyone else is still asleep, or possibly the world has stood still for everyone but him! The grown-ups remind Big Bird that the previous night was Daylights Saving, and he forgot to change his clock.

4. Cookie Monster is devasted when he learns the truth that his favorite super hero, Captain Cookie is only an actor, with no super powers.

5. Gabi and Miles discover they have "feelings" for each other.

6. Grover holds a geography class for Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe, Telly, Baby Bear, and Cookie Monster. He intends to teach them about the neighboring countries. With the help of Rosita, Grover is able to teach everyone about Mexico. Then with the surprise help of Colin Mochrie and Kathy Greenwood, Grover is also able to teach everyone about Canada.
Good stuff Snowth. I wanna see how #2 turns out!! ( Get it? Ernie wet the bed ( a #1) and I addressed it as #2 which is the other one. LOL)

And I dont think #6 will have the KG cameo, unfortunately...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Good stuff Snowth. I wanna see how #2 turns out!! ( Get it? Ernie wet the bed ( a #1) and I addressed it as #2 which is the other one. LOL)

And I dont think #6 will have the KG cameo, unfortunately...
Yeah, I too think #2 would make a good one, because lots of kids wet the bed, and need to relate with a situation like that, besides all of these "I wet the bed" documentary-like commercials.