PotDC Budget: Over $100 Million

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
$100 million? I'm impressed Henson is getting that much of a budget.

Does anyone else smell burning powder?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here are the only Henson-related movie budget listings I could find.

MirrorMask $4M
Muppets From Space $24M
Muppet Christmas Carol $12M

There are no huge star salaries, so this $100M will mainly service the picture itself. Keep in mind that 3D nearly doubles the cost so this is like a $60M picture and that's still rather robust for this sort of movie. :scary:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Wow. I hope this isn't just bullocks... Is it a reputable source? If it is, I'm excited! Someone must see worth (and potential profit) in POTDC!

ryan19

Reaction score
WOW ! great news if its true that is ... Wish Henson would come out with some extra additional facts , like a DATE :big_grin:
What ever the story tho i shall sit on *pins & needles* to the day it is released .

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I'm impressed - they must be shooting for blockbuster status - I think we can expect a toy line with the works with a budget that big - they are going to have to really market it and the merchandising should be cool.

JMPrater

Reaction score
bullsh*** That's what I think. There's just no way that some one would sink 100 million into a project that's proven itself to sit in development ****. I don't buy it.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Keep in mind that 3D nearly doubles the cost so this is like a $60M picture and that's still rather robust for this sort of movie. :scary:
Where did you heard that? I doubt 3D doubles the costs...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Where did you heard that? I doubt 3D doubles the costs...
Maybe not double, but close to it. 3D is a very expensive way to shoot and adds a substancial burden on the budget! Especially in a film that uses all of these layered effects. It isn't just a difference in cameras or film stock, there's a massive difference in the dynamic of setting up each and every shot. It's a format that drastically changes every department of a production. That is, if it's actually shot in 3D and not merely converted during post production. Unless you know otherwise... :confused:

But the fact that ticket prices are increased and the gimmick is so popular now makes 3D shooting a profitable medium.