Potdc & Imdb [2011]

JMPrater

Reaction score
IMDB has Power of the Dark Crystal listed for a 2011 release. Now, I know IMDB isn't always accurate, but 2011 is quite far away. Here's hoping it's a mistake.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Wow, this movie will be in the making forever... :embarrassed:

I hope its a mistake.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Re:

I see this another way, it tells me its still being worked on, and late date needed indicates lots of time needed for quality post-production work, so Im OK with that change...

Lets face it Prats, theres no way a trailer was coming out anytime soon... if were lucky, pre-production will wrap up in the summer and shooting will begin in mid-late 2009...

Laszlo

Reaction score
I guess they need the time to get the money together.

Jeffboy

Reaction score
My 2p

The last news we got was about a new director and new studio picking up the film. I think that is probably square one, and any preliminary work has mostly been conceptual. JHC has said nothing because until now, I doubt there has been anything to say. :sleep:

I'd rather they take the time and make a worthy sequel than dash out some half-a$ed, cheap CGI straight-to-DVD rubbish.......Imagine how offended us purists would be, right? :wink:

But seriously, if they only just got funding then I'd be worried if it was coming out in 2009...