Pre-Order "Dog City: The Movie" on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Jim Henson's Dog City: The Movie" will arrive on DVD for the first time on Tuesday June 8. Here are all the details on this anticipated release. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Since most of us will be getting "Jim Henson's Dog City: The Movie", we'd like to mention that if you order the Dog City DVD from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Dog City coming to DVD? And with Rowlf not cut? Yay! Lionsgate is just on a roll, it's great that they are getting all this stuff out there that Sony and HIT never thought of putting on DVD. :sympathy:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! This has been on DVD in the UK for some years now, but this is really good news! We have nearly all of the second half of the Henson Hours on DVD!

I think it would be worth us emailing Lionsgate and asking them to release a 3 in one DVD set of Lighthouse Island, Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs!

If anyone agrees with me please let Lionsgate know!

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/contact_us.asp

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow that looks great because Rowlf is on the Cover! that is awsome! This may mean that they may one day be able to put The Jim Henson Hour on DVD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not that I'm not excited, and if Rowlf is on the cover, that clearly means Lionsgate Henson and Disney have a better relationship (hopefully this means we'd see an Emmit Otter uncut rerelease at some point... and Lionsgate did distribute Disney's bleh early 00's sitcoms)... but I wonder if there will be any special features of any kind here. Plus, I'm REALLY hoping this opens the door to getting the complete animated series on DVD at some point.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Plus, I'm REALLY hoping this opens the door to getting the complete animated series on DVD at some point.
It's definitely a good start.:smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
...but I wonder if there will be any special features of any kind here.
The news item says we can expect a behind-the-Scenes Gallery, Original Concept Art, "and more!" So who knows what we'll get besides that. It seems fairly comprehensive though compared to say, the Song of the Cloud Forest DVD.

matleo

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this for so long! I can't wait. This is my favorite Henson project ever!

--Matleo

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! This has been on DVD in the UK for some years now, but this is really good news! We have nearly all of the second half of the Henson Hours on DVD!

I think it would be worth us emailing Lionsgate and asking them to release a 3 in one DVD set of Lighthouse Island, Monster Maker and Living with Dinosaurs!

If anyone agrees with me please let Lionsgate know!

http://www.lionsgateshop.com/contact_us.asp
The only problem with that is Monster Maker and Living With Dinosaurs are both hour-long specials. So you'd need to tack on another half-hour special to fill it up to a three-hour DVD release, and the only one left is Miss Piggy's Hollywood. Besides, Monster Maker was released as a stand-alone video, so I'd say they'd probably release MM and LWD separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.