1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Pre-Order "Dog City: The Movie" on DVD

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Phillip, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

There's a pretty good unedited version of MFC on youtube, and of course the 2001 MFC on dvd. Heck I think theres a version out there where someone seemlessly blended in the missing 7 minutes into the dvd quality MFC footage. Otherwise, there's pretty much no chance the "full uncut" version will ever be released on the home market.
  2. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

So with "Song of the Cloud Forest" and "Dog City" now both coming to DVD, if this trend continues, it's possible that we could get all the specials from The Jim Henson Hour released to DVD!
    Of course, I still really want to see the MuppeTelevision segments released together on DVD too.
    All of The Storyteller segments have been released on 1 DVD set (including the Greek Myths). So next we need "Lighthouse Island", "Miss Piggy's Hollywood", "Monster Maker", "Living with Dinosaurs", "Secrets of the Muppets" and "Sesame Street-20 Years and Still Counting".
    I really hope all of these things can be released intact on DVD soon.:)
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

We all agree! Let Lionsgate know, I've left a link at the beginning of this thread.
  4. shadow Pumpkinh

shadow Pumpkinh New Member

I sure hope that they'll bring the cartoon to DVD as well. I like that show when I was younger.:):sympathy:
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really think the cartoon NEEDS to come back into the light somewhere. It really seems like what they wanted to do with Little Muppet Monsters, but it was actually successful. Plus, Nelvana's animation was a lot more, well, Western looking. And the characters often blurred the reality of the muppet dog characters and their animated counterparts. I don't want it to be another great early 1990's Fox Kids show go through the cracks.
  6. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

the cartoon has been released in Australia and Germany. The German DVD only has German audio, but the Australian is the original show!
  7. shadow Pumpkinh

I just loved that show.
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I can't wait to see this. I only saw it once and when the DVD comes out, I'll definately buy it. But I have to agree, Muppet Family Christmas needs to be out on DVD someday and totally uncut along with other Muppet specials out there.
  9. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Well, I already have Dog City in my Muppets video collection... BUT, I'll definately still be buying this (provided it's the uncut version) if for no other reason that to do my part in letting the powers that be know that I/We want unedited versions of other classic Muppet special like such as Bunny Picnic, Emmet Otter, and Muppet Family Christmas. Getting the uber awesome Dog City with better picture and sound than that which I already have will be a sweet bonus. :)
  10. Drtooth

Other than the obvious cuts, the JHH linking material, they have Rowlf on the cover, so I doubt there would be problems with his appearance. Plus, as I stated before, Disney does have a relationship with Lionsgate (again, bad early 00's sitcoms on DVD distribution).

But even then, the thing is clearly around 30-something minutes long at best. I'm REALLY hoping for some nice bonus features. I really hope they can get at least one Dog City cartoon on there, if nothing else. I'm sick of watching those 2 episodes I have on VHS.
  11. shadow Pumpkinh

I found a videotape of the Dog City cartoon at Walmart for $5.00 years ago. I wish DC would aired on Toon Disney.
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

From the Muppet Newsflash's Twitter page:
    Good to know! :)
  13. shadow Pumpkinh

That's good to know.
  14. Drtooth

Okay. Any doubts I had in my mind that Nelvana had the controlling interest in the show are wiped clean. I really hope this means seasons or a series set sometime in the future.
  15. shadow Pumpkinh

I like to see seasonal boxed sets as well.
  16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.