1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order Follow that Bird Anniversary DVD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

A reminder that in just a few weeks, Sesame Street’s first feature film Follow that Bird will be released on a 25th Anniversary Deluxe widescreen DVD. Currently, you can pre-order for 30% off the regular price.

Since most of us will be getting the Follow that Bird DVD, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

Here’s more information on the Follow that Bird DVD release…

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2009/022209.shtml

Discuss away...
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the packaging is better than on the first release of the film on DVD; however, I'm not crazy that they have commercialized this film by sticking Elmo on the cover when he's not even in the film except in passing. That's disappointing.

I'm pre-ordering so I can get the new interview with Spinney! That should be great--and I hope it's a little longer than just a 2 minute quickie interview.
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

But by sticking Elmo on the cover parents will see it as something their kids will like, and the kids will see Elmo and want the DVD. This leads to the kids getting exposed to some "Real" cinema and the parent handing money over to SW, so they can continue their good work. The image branding of Elmo is to help generate income for Sesame Workshop from this DVD, which may not do so as well otherwise.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oh... you mean those 1999-2003 Warner Bros home video packages with the cheap cardboard flap, and a plastic tray? Man, I hated those. Stunt packaging at its worst. Gimme a standard container anytime. They're sturdy, they're cheap... and dispite the fact they use more plastic, I bet they're more eco-friendly... I mean, hundreds of ruined WB DVD packages must be lining landfills somewhere.
  5. Fozzie Bear

I get your point, Shoe Fairy. Good call.

Yeah, the cardboard flap packaging on the earlier release that is actually on sale now at Target for $5.00.
  6. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Well I'm looking forward to the interview with Caroll Spinney in this DVD, so I think I'll be getting it.

I'll give my old one with the cardboard flip package to my nephew too, I'm not sure how much he'll like it since he's mainly an "Elmo kid" but I'll give it a try, :).

I'm looking forward
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'll see what everyone else says about the special features before purchasing. If I do, I'll probably donate my original copy to the library. Kids today deserve (and rarely get) something decent. :)
  8. JJandJanice

That's nice of you Heralde.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks, and nice of you to give to your nephew as well. :)
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

11. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

I agree, the new interview with Carroll is a nice addition to this release.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Oooh--looks like in Japan they get the original movie poster cover for the anniversary dvd and...wait, it's HOW OLD AGAIN?

I'm really getting up there in age...
  13. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

14. Fozzie Bear

Widescreen is fabulous! Yup, regardless of cover, me's a-gettin'!
  15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That presentation is GORGEOUS! I love it! I can't wait to get this on Tuesday! :wisdom:
  16. JJandJanice

Man I'm honsetly surpise Warner Bros is giving this much attention to this movie, it's great.

I'll probably wait to buy it though, I already promise myself to buy Lilo and Stitch:Big Wave Edition and Bolt, :crazy:.

But this DVD is totally on my want list
  17. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.