1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As was previously announced, Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series is coming to DVD on Tuesday November 4. Here’s the place to discuss all the details on this anticipated DVD box set.

Since most of us will be getting Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link above, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee with free shipping. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

For more information on Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series, check out this release...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2008/082208.shtml
  2. getup

getup New Member

looks like if you pre-order by the end of this month, you can save 10 dollars by doing the bill me later option and deal with their coupon code. If they would've just made the set 3 dollars more, could've saved 20 dollars. although i usually don't buy these from amazon, i usually wait for best buy and use my reward zone stuff
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I usually buy through Wal-Mart, but then, their so-called low prices aren't as low as they claim they are.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Nor their quality and work practices as reliable as claimed. ;)
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And it's funny...Companies say that they will market down prices as cheap if competitors are cheaper. Therefore, since I found the complete series on the 'net for $100, Wal-Mart had better make it less than $100 to pay for.
  6. heralde

I'd love to see Wal-Mart make a few other changes, heh.

But anyway! Good luck to everyone in getting the set if they decide to. Hopefully I can, and hopefully I can find a good home for my old ones. :)
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I can find a home for the first season, since I bought it. But once I do, I am buying the complete series.
  8. heralde

Guys, whether it's online or at a store, I recommend waiting until late Nov/early Dec. That's when they're likely to sell at a discount for a brief time. I'd keep an eye out!
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Nice recommendation.
  10. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Good advice...

Though, if you pre-order through Amazon they have a low price guaruantee. If it's ever offered at a price lower than your pre-order price point between the time you place the pre-order and the actual release, they'll give you the lowest price.
  11. heralde

Yeah that is good! Just if anyone plans to buy it off the shelf, I think it pays to wait and see if and when the price is lowered after Nov. 8th. :)
  12. getup

getup New Member

i really don't see the price being lowered too much below that. complete series set like this at a retail store...don't see being anything lower than 119.99...so i am really tempted to take the 10 dollar off 97 bucks at amazon.
  13. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking about the price not lowering too much. Besides, I'm a little loopy when it comes to Fraggles... Have to have it right away.

About the $10 off through Amazon thing... I'd read all the fine print on that before you sign up for it. I believe they give you the discount when you sign up for the bill me later thing and that might inculde some rather substantial finance charges.
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

15. heralde

I'm going to wait, I have to save money and I'm still not thrilled about the decision. ;)
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same. Nor am I thrilled that the misses keep coming...
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Something that just sprang into my mind

Does anyone think that the Red Fraggle short may be shown in theaters before the Fraggle Rock movie (and in turn, maybe on the DVD release of the movie as well)? :excited:
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It might, considering Edwards is writing for the short and the movie. XD
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*screeching sound* He is? I've got to see it now:)! I just hope it's not too short to get a feel about his writing style with the fraggles...Words on paper are one thing, but how a scene works when it is really made is another...

Anyway, I'm not buying the set..I'm waiting beside the mail box for my season 4 from AUS:excited:
  20. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.