Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But why pay for something you already own (seasons one-three)?

Redsonga

Reaction score
But why pay for something you already own (seasons one-three)?
I know, the Red short will be everywhere soon anyway, and the AUS season 4 will do fine until we get our own..It seems silly then to rebuy everything over a poster and a box if you don't truly need to...Unless you want to of course :smile:. But this little diehard fan does not have the money:embarrassed:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But this little diehard fan does not have the money:embarrassed:
And this fan could have the money if he weren't in college & if college funds weren't eating up what money that is earned.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Episode #040 of the Henson.com Podcast is up and available and is all about The Complete Collection set! The cool part is the extended interview with Fraggle Producer Larry Mirkin! Here' the official description....

In this episode we answer all your questions about the new Fraggle Rock Complete Collection DVD set that is in stores on November 4. We speak to Kristin Moss of Lionsgate to get the scoop on what fans can expect from the set and Norie Jones of HIT Entertainment about the beautiful poster that comes with the set. The centerpiece of this episode, however, is our lengthy interview with Fraggle Rock producer Larry Mirkin who also produced the special features for this DVD Collection. - 34:44

Go listen now at http://www.Henson.com/podcast.php

muppet_dk

Reaction score
First of, I'm really disappointed that you did not address WHY they have put the standalone on hold, and apparently the Henson company supports HIT's poor decision on not giving us a very simple release date on the standalone boxset. Also your comment about "..is not out of the question" tells me that they did expect us to buy the complete set, and not releasing the stand alone season 4, is that correct ?

You should have asked them why they think they can treat loyal customers like that and expect them to buy 3 seasons they already own, personally I don't believe it's worth to spend around $75 on something I already own just to get a poster....

If the purpose is to convince the loyal customers to use more money on something they already own, then it did not work on this loyal customer.

I will still recommend people to buy the Australian boxset of season 4 and download a dvd rip of the special features on the complete set, to punish HIT for it's poor decision. And reading the comments on Amazon confirms that others have the same thoughts.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The podcast also says that the new Red Fraggle short will not be on the complete box set due to production timing, but that would be saved for something else. Most likely a season 4 stand alone! So that is good news for that if that's the root they take, and should. It was said that it was not out of the question.
This way people would be able to get it along with season 4 it's self without buying the complete set. That would be great!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well the big question is what "not out of the question" means. They could have given a more clear answer about it, as I see it all they should say is a simple yes or no about releasing the standalone boxset.

Since we don't know what the short is about or if it's done yet, then it could be saved for many reasons for instance on a dvd release of the movie, it could be saved and used as a trailer in movie theaters, a internet promotion video, so automatically assuming it is saved for the standalone box set is far fetched.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. The short could just be a preview before the movie, for all we know.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Anything is possible, it could be put on hold as well. Very much like the Fraggle Rock book. But no one is automatically assuming or saying a season 4 set is coming but rather just hopefully "if that's the root they take" a good idea!:insatiable:As that's what was originally intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.