Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploobis

Reaction score
WOW! This is amazing!

First Song of The Cloud Forrest, then Dog City: The Movie, then Sesame Street 20'th Anniversary special and now Henson's Pace!

I can't believe it! Lion Gate is really doing great with Henson DVD releases! :smile:

Now I have three Henson releases I can't wait to pick up!

1. DOG CITY: THE MOVIE

2. SESAME STREET 20'th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

3. HENSON'S PLACE

Or four if ya count The Muppet Show season 4 DVD set but a release date has not been announced by Disney yet. But now that they won the Webby Awards for Bohemian Rhapsody I'm sure that we might hear about a release date for TMS season 4 soon. :wink:

Anyway, I an really excited about the new DVD release for Henson's Place and I can't wait to get my copy!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if we should start making bets on when they'll announce a release of Timepiece and other experimental films.... (no, I'm not actually willing to bet!)

unclematt

Reaction score
I can't wait for this. I will go out and get it right away.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I just saw this a few min ago on tvshowsondvd.com I can not wait to buy this i will be sure geting it the week it comes out . I have heard about this for years and i have always wanted to see it . Gong to be so great to have . :excited::smile:

zns

Reaction score
I cannot believe how far Lionsgate is pushing all of this. It seems to me that all of the connections between Henson, Disney, and Sesame Workshop are really being worked on. Jim's spirit will certainly never die thanks to all of this.

zns

Reaction score
By the way, what can we expect in terms of bonus features? I know it's too early, but what is there to add with a documentary piece?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah, this kind of documentary is the sort of special feature you expect to be included on The Muppet Show DVD sets. I wouldn't mind if they wanted to include some sampling of Henson shows from the time period on this DVD set though- some episodes of Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show and maybe even Muppet Babies would be appropriate I think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I cannot believe how far Lionsgate is pushing all of this. It seems to me that all of the connections between Henson, Disney, and Sesame Workshop are really being worked on. Jim's spirit will certainly never die thanks to all of this.
Oh yeah! I'm REALLY hoping this leads to an UNedited Emmit Otter release. Seems Lionsgate's relationship with Disney is much better than Hit and Henson's was alone.

Or, maybe Disney is just more open with sharing the legacy in these past projects.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This had to have been a nightmare to clear, since Disney, Sesame Workshop and Sony owned Muppets are all on the cover. It probably would have been easier to just do a floating head of Jim.
Sony doesn't own The Dark Crystal or it's characters. Sony has had the video rights for over ten years, but as far as I know Henson still owns the rights to the film (and characters, of course).

Thinking about special features possiblillities, does anybody know if Timepiece is included in Lionsgate's contract? Because this would probably be the best DVD to include that short.

As a side note, does anybody know who owns Here Comes the Puppets and An Evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I'm REALLY hoping this leads to an UNedited Emmit Otter release. Seems Lionsgate's relationship with Disney is much better than Hit and Henson's was alone.
I wonder if Lionsgate would rerelease those on DVD this year just because they possibly can release them uncut. There certainly would be fan demand (especially if Kermit were put on the cover). I think Lionsgate rereleased those last year when distribution changed (and A Christmas Toy was just released on DVD two years ago).

I wonder if this sudden working relationship might be due to the Henson biopic in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.