1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

oh...yeah, i didnt think of that, thanks.

2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

August is never gonna get here and yes that's the extent of my patience. :p

FunnyBear and muppetlover123 like this.
  3. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Cannot wait for this. At the store I work at my managers are allowing me to throw a Muppet DVD release party and I'm so excited. August can't get here fast enough.

Branky, atrane and muppetlover123 like this.
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Lucky!! Ill probably be at my local Wal-Mart at midnight on August 11th lol

5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Grrr, August 13th. What's the point in being a day later than the US?

Anyway, I'm just really intrigued to know what 'Rizzo's Biggest Fan' is......or who the fan is. Could it be Gonzo? Tatooey or Yolanda? That cat who tried to eat him in Muppets Christmas Carol?

(Gasp!)...Could it be.....dare I suggest it.......Steve?!

I doubt it, but how awesome would that be?

Branky and muppetlover123 like this.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Those clips say "full" and "extended", but I didn't notice any scenes that were cut from the theatrical version (which I've only seen once). That one "extended" clip has about four scenes (which I think were featured back-to-back-to-back in the film) and I've noticed some scenes that don't even appear in that video. And the Interrogation Song doesn't have any of the extra stuff from the soundtrack (though it does have something that's not in the soundtrack that I didn't even remember seeing).

If Disney were to include something not related to the movie, I'd rather it be an existing Muppet production, like a bonus episode of The Muppet Show, or a Muppet special or compilation video. On a similar note, why include a Mickey Mouse short but not the Monsters University short that came with it in the theaters?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I hope so, though maybe, but it intrigues me that Rizzo would get a whole bonus feature to himself when he only had one line in the movie, I guess it'll make up for his lack of screen time.

8. Pinkflower7783

I hope Best Buy does another special preorder.

9. muppetlover123

Same here!!

10. Muppet Master

I hope with MMW's release that more muppet DVDs and Blu-Rays will start popping up at my local walmart. It reaks of lack of muppet items. They used to have The Muppets (2011) regularily, but they took it down a few months ago. The TMM blu-ray stayed for like 2 weeks than vanished, same with the MTI and GMC blu-ray. They had MCC and LTS just for December. Though besides these on-and-off products Walmart never has TMM, GMC, MCC, or MTI dvds sitting on the shelves. MFS is there only occasionally in the $5 bin, but really is there no muppet product that can just sit on the shelves for more than 2 weeks besides the new 2011 film? All those pixar films are sitting there everyday for a terrible price of $20 and they're always full!

11. Muppet Master

[​IMG]days left!!!!!!!!!!

12. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Dude this release is right before my birthday! There might be a chance I might get it for my birthday!!!!!

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Why is this the only upcoming Disney release that isn't available for pre-order on Amazon (except for the Digital release)?

Hayley B and muppetlover123 like this.
  14. muppetlover123

I was wondering the same thing. I mean this bluray will be out in about a month!

15. Muppet Master

Well, it's nice to see that Disney has already begun blu-ray promotion. Last night at 10:00pm while watching Seinfeld (on my13 KCOP) there was the piggy's pistachio commercial, but at the end it said, MMW on blu-ray aug. 12. Then at the 10:30pm seinfeld the same commercial popped up.

16. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

You know, that entire 'I love you' scene is used in the kids audiobook. It's used in place of Piggy asking the 'two Kermit's' if they would marry her.

If I recall correctly, Kermit's full speech is, "I love you; all of you. Even though sometimes you all drive me crazy. And some of you because you drive me crazy."

I'm pretty sure that speech, especially that last bit was aimed at Piggy, but of course Kermit would never exclude his family.

17. Pinkflower7783

Oh I've read the book! That's exactly what I wanna hear too!:)

JimAndFrank likes this.
  18. Muppet Master

I've been thinking, isn't it ironic that the longest muppet movie in history, BY FAR, gets an "unnecessarily extended edition", but the majority of the other muppet films don't. I mean, ya, VMX and TM got deleted scenes, but only MWoO got an extended edition, but the film was only 87 minutes long and ended up only 100 minutes long. MMW's none extended running time is a whooping 112 minutes, which is only 8 minutes short of a 2-hour long run time! That's 23 minutes longer than the 88 minute long MFS! So, with an extended edition, even if they only add 15 minutes of film then the total is 127 minutes! Pretty long for a family film, but I honestly don't care, just giving my insight. One other thing I've realized is that this is the first muppet movie DVD to feature HUMANS on the cover! I mean think about it, before TM, humans have never been on the front cover of the DVDs or really even the back covers. Just take a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, clearly MWoO is the only exception (and the MCC 2005 DVD release), but with those films the humans were the main characters, with MMW that wasn't the case, they were side characters/ and or antagonists yet they still made the cover...

[​IMG]

Come on Disney, they could have at least tried to make a cover for the film instead of the poster, why not this, it's a little plain, but works.

[​IMG]

or even this is good...

[​IMG]

I don't know, to me it just seems weird to use the poster used a billion times plastered on the DVD and Blu-Ray covers, but eh I can live with that, anyway that's just my 2 cents.

19. muppetlover123

Anybody have the Blu-ray? I know its a rare chance but I was just wondering. Sometimes people get lucky and get it early.

And does anybody know about any preorder special things yet? Like for TM2011 we had the lunch boxes and the puppets etc.

20. Muppet Master

Wait, how do you get it early? Maybe at Target their'll be a sequel bonus dvd to the 6-episode TMS disc except this time it'll be select episodes from season 4 and 5. Anyways, unfortunately due to the meh box office results from the film, I doubt we'll get more than the Blu-Ray stand-alone. I mean at least we got something. A blooper reel, and extended cut, S&W cut, something with Rizzo, I mean it's more than it deserves what with the mixed box office performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.