1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Neat pictures, even if the front covers are meh, at least the back ones are nice, plus it's awesome seeing the newsman on the Blu-Ray advertising sticker. That's the closest he'll ever be to being on the cover of a muppet VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray. Also why'd you order both when the Blu-Ray includes a DVD? I'm just curious, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  2. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

I don't understand why the UK version (or de Dutch or the German or the Australian) of the bluray won't have the Extended Cut or the Statler and Waldorf Cut. I mean, you have the footage. You use it in the USA. But for the European releases you won't use it... That's just **** :grr:

3. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Anyone know why we can't pre-order this on Amazon in the US? Every time I check it just says unavailable...

4. Muppet Master

That's annoying me too!! I suggest you contact Disney on their website though everytime you do you just get those dumb instant replies.

5. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

This movie comes out on DVD/BluRay exactly 1 month before my Birthday, so I'm definitely gonna wait to get it then! On another note, I'm getting the DVD by itself- 2 years ago I got the Wocka Wocka Value pack for "The Muppets", because I naively thought that BluRays could be played on the computer, and obviously I wanted to watch those other Bonus Features. Lesson learned.

Muppet Master likes this.
  6. Muppet Master

Wait so they can't, phew, thanks for giving me a heads-up before I wasted all my money on muppet movie Blu-Rays that I wouldn't even be able to watch. Though, everytime I put my MFS DVD on the computer, the computer shows a picture of the Blu-Ray. :crazy:

7. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I've read that Amazon is trying to damage sales for a few studios to get them to lower prices.

To watch Blu-rays on a computer you need a Blu-ray drive like this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVTBM2W/?tag=muppetcentral and Blu-ray playing software like AnyDVD HD.

8. Muppet Master

Oh, thanks for the tip. Also, why would Amazon want to damage sales? Aren't MMW's prices fairly average for new Blu-Ray and DVD releases?

9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That makes some sense, yet no sense because the rest of Disney's Blu-ray line up is available for pre-order.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Okay, now I'm annoyed! :mad:

Pray tell me, why the actual frog, the extended cut is not going to be sold in Australia?!!

The one thing I've been looking forward to for weeks and I can't even get access to it without paying double the price on eBay! I'm sorry, but that is just complete crap!

Oh how I wish the Muppets would get more involved over here. I realise it's not the only country missing out, but come on! The least they could do is give us access to the good stuff!

That's it! I'm off to write my own Muppet movie, set over here, and the bonus features are going to be awesome!

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I know people arent too big of fans of the new Frog-E-Oke, but Im Number One is one of my favorite songs from MMW and was wondering if its on the blu-ray or if its on the digital copy paper inside the blu-ray

12. Muppet Master

Just my guess, but I think that when you pause the film it'll come up like TM'11 or TMM.

13. panmanthe2nd

No, when you pause the movie it just pauses. Nothing happens :(

14. panmanthe2nd

I don't think there's a Frog-E-Oke on this one, but I could be wrong.

15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well it says it on tough pigs and the disney website for bonus features

16. Muppet Master

What, there should be Frog-E-Oke, but Disney listed it as a "Disney Movies Anywhere" special feature, so I think it should be available on that app or the website.

muppetlover123 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  17. panmanthe2nd

It could well be on the Blu-ray. I could have easily missed it. But it didn't start when I paused the movie.

18. Muppet Master

Well, I went to Walmart today, and MMW's Blu-Ray was being advertised on one of those posters by the entrance. It was nothing huge, just the standard poster.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if it's Walmart that puts up the poster or if Disney pays to put it up. Anyways, Walmart REALLY lacks in muppet stuff nowadays , unlike Target, and I hope with the release of MMW that they put some muppet DVDs and Blu-Rays back on the shelves like the first three seasons of TMS. The only muppet items I could find were those 5-month old MMW shampoos.
    [​IMG]
    I really wish the home video release date was still August 5th! :sigh:

19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I saw those shampoo bottles at my local grocery store.

20. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is the only way to get the extended cut to get either the Blu-Ray or the digital edition? I hate to spend the money on a digital edition, when I know I would want the physical DVD as well- but I hate to miss the extended cut of the movie too.
    I guess I can always get the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital combo and just give away the Blu-Ray copy to family or friends with a Blu-Ray player.
    I am excited for Muppets Most Wanted to be on video though- I thoroughly enjoyed the movie!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.