Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sure absolutely, I'm glad nearly everyone's on there. My only gripe is it just looks like such a thrown together mess, when the original poster was actual artwork.
That was the case when Henson was still involved... merchandising with overused, crappy posers all photoshopped together. This cover may not be great, but I could pull out a whole bunch of posters that are worse...

then there's this "gem"

Why is Kermit so huge and Scooter roughly a half his size? I'm not even going to comment on Franck Oz.

Don't make me show you the cover of the 40 years and counting Book. That's painful to look at.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why Frank Oz was put at the top with the actors..I mean, I'm happy his name is on the cover, it's just randomly placed there, though.

I still don't see any bonus features listed on the Blu-Ray OR DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if the DVD is really just a re-packaging of Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can applaud the cover for having good posers, sure... but they're all off scale. there's a clearly googled image of England in the back, and Franck Oz somehow gets top billing (and is the only one listed that deserves so ).... this thing looks like something you'd find in a European Dollar Tree. It's very amaturish.

Though It is also the only time I've ever seen a puppeteer credited on the cover, albeit misspelled. And it does say Jim Henson Presents on it... the only thing this has over the Muppet Blu-ray cover.

Still, we've been swamped with ugly photoshop covers, posters, card games, and calendars for so long, this cover actually looks good and looks like it has more than the barest amount of effort in it. You have to admit that, or I'll look for those playing cards where the Swedish Chef's whisk is clumsily and incompletely photoshopped out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even as a collage... it's just ghastly. I can't take my eyes off of 50 foot Cookie Monster and 2 inch tall Herry...

The back cover is far more stylish.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
That was the case when Henson was still involved... merchandising with overused, crappy posers all photoshopped together. This cover may not be great, but I could pull out a whole bunch of posters that are worse...

then there's this "gem"

Why is Kermit so huge and Scooter roughly a half his size? I'm not even going to comment on Franck Oz.

Don't make me show you the cover of the 40 years and counting Book. That's painful to look at.
Thats an MR Kermit poser, I'm virtually 100% sure of it!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I still don't see any bonus features listed on the Blu-Ray OR DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if the DVD is really just a re-packaging of Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition.
Apparently, the MCC DVD re-issue was just a reprint of the 2005 edition. And there are new bonus features for the Blu-ray, we just don't know what they are yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thats an MR Kermit poser, I'm virtually 100% sure of it!

Couldn't...even... Google a freaking picture of Kermit. They had to use the merchandising.

To be fair, it's better looking than most official posers.

Why, only thing worse would be to trace over them with ugly artwork that makes everything look too dark, but I can't imagine any...

GAH!!!!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow I did love that dvd but man what a bad picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.