Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not a fan of Camilla and the chickens- of all Muppet characters- doing "Forget You." Not exactly in the same ballpark as "Babyface" if you catch my drift. And a barbershop quartet doing "Smells Like Team Spirit?" C'mon. A little respect for the original artist can go a long way, just ask the Muppet pigs when they did "I Get Around," "In The Navy" and "Lullaby of Broadway."
Well, for one thing, every chicken-clucking number has been a song that's been around for ages. What's wrong with them doing something modern? The song may get dated, but the humor of it will not. You're beef should be with the fact that they've done the chickens-singing joke to death already.

And the other numbers you mention are all about juxtaposition. Vikings singing "In the Navy", "Lullaby of Broadway" in the Arctic, etc., those are all cockamamie ideas. A barbershop quartet (of cacti no less) singing a classic rock song is in the same ball park of having a group of feather dusters singing a disco song and "Alabami Bound" by a group of Pilgrim penguins. It's all a matter of taking what's expected and turning it on its ear.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
OK, this has got to stop.

Frogster, I can understand where you are coming from but I ultimately disagree. The Rainbow Connection has been covered in pretty much every style possible, it can be in this movie. I'm sure the Moopets' cover is done for laughs and must be short. I wouldn't worry too much about it. "You'll Never Walk Alone" seems like a pretty untouchable song thanks to Jerry Lewis, but people still cover it.

Some of the songs seem a bit random for me, but they are there for a reason. I'm going to assume "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" will play when Gary visits Mary at work (she is a teacher after all).

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
Many interesting points here...
1. Weird Al is NOT a "no-talent clown". In fact, I would bet my life savings he could do a heartfelt "Bein' Green". He's a smart guy with an amazing ear for music and pop culture, and he and the Muppets would be a dynamo combination.
im seeing him in concert this weekend....
Sweet! How was it?
I love the idea of a Muppet barbershop quartet singing Smells Like Teen Spirit...

And of course not only is it great that Celo Green gets Forget You associated with the Classic Muppets after his unforgettable pairing with the Henson Co Muppets, but of course part of the joyous novelty of the song being done by Muppet Chickens is knowing that the new rendition will alternately come to be known as "Cluck You".
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm already hearing "Teen Spirit" in a barbershop form in my head.
And YES! Of course Ceelo and the Muppets! I totally forgot that. Cluck You is perfect, and I can definitely picture Camilla and the girls acting and dressed like the back up girls in the video. Good stuff.
Both of these ideas are right up there with the Muppets doing "Bohemian Rhapsody" earlier...people know the songs, and goofing on them is acceptable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Many interesting points here...
1. Weird Al is NOT a "no-talent clown".

That ticked me off a LOT more than the same "Dis movies gonna sukk" crap. Believe you me. I'm starting to think that his original songs are highly underrated. I LOVE the parodies, but somehow he managed to make things crazier when he's doing his own thing.

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
That ticked me off a LOT more than the same "Dis movies gonna sukk" crap. Believe you me. I'm starting to think that his original songs are highly underrated. I LOVE the parodies, but somehow he managed to make things crazier when he's doing his own thing.
Nice to see so many fellow Al-coholics! (is that the right term? Or are we still Close Personal Friends of Al?)
And yes, he's completely underrated. Most people know him as the guy who did "White and Nerdy" or "Amish Paradise" and that's about it. Also, maybe they know the accordion. *sigh*

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
totally agree i even had a roommate in college who didnt know he made his own tracks till me and a friend shared with him

Status
Not open for further replies.