1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i like the song but walter hasnt grown on me yet...i dont know what it is
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I really love the classic Broadway-style musical sound this song has. It almost seems like it could be in The Music Man or something. The amount of variety within the music of this movie seems quite impressive.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  3. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

His lisp, maybe? lol I'm hoping they didn't make him too cute. That's Bean's job.
  4. Frogpuppeteer

voice wise maybe..i just feel that if he is to be the 4th to the Kermit Fozzie Gonzo trio he is to plain
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Anything and everything pertaining to Walter will depend on how well the movie does. While Lola Bunny was used in every Looney Tunes project since Space Jam, the little aliens haven't been seen since. And Lola's only there to balance out the lack of female characters. Even then, her biggest roles were in the crappy generic Looney Tunes Babies and the crappy generic Loonatics. She plays a semi-major recurring role in the new show, but she's not on every episode... before that, she had one internet quality Looney Tunes cartoon to herself and was a minor character in Tweety;s High Flying adventure.

As for Muppet movie characters... other than Polly and Clueless being used in a UK exclusive Muppets Tonight short, they haven't exactly added any movie characters before. Sure, you may see someone reused for a crowd scene...
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Actually I have a chicken puppet that I use sometimes, and I've been rehearsing him singing "Cluck You" for weeks! So I was really pleasantly surprised!
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Weird Al is the only one of those you mentioned that I do like, and I pretty much hate the rest, though I'm not sure if I should hate Glee. I've only watched a little of it, but then again, I chose to blindly hate the others (when I first heard of Justin Bieber, I decided to listen to one of his songs online, and before I was even finished listening to that one song I decided I couldn't handle any more!).

Regarding the Moopets singing The Rainbow Connection, I now actually sort of wish they did a few more classic songs, in a montage/medley-style performance. I'm pretty sure they are bad guys (I think the official character bio for Fozzie says that his fellow Moopets conned him into thinking the group would respectfully keep the spirit of the Muppets alive), so I don't have a problem with them ruining classic Muppet songs.
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

No idea if anyone has posted this elsewhere, but The Muppet Mindset now has a full track listing for the soundtrack, which apparently includes 15 dialogue tracks, I'll just go ahead and re-post it here (* are the dialogue tracks):
    1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets
    2. Muppet Studios, I Can't Believe It!* - Walter
    3. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter
    4. I Haven't Seen the Old Gang* - Kermit and Jason Segel
    5. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets
    6. We Drive* - Kermit and Walter
    7. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon
    8. That Spells Reno* - 80's Robot and Amy Adams
    9. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets
    10. Welcome Back* - Kermit, Fozzie, Walter and Dr. Teeth
    11. We Built This City - Starship
    12. Party of One* - Sarah Silverman and Amy Adams
    13. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy
    14. We Humbly Ask* - Kermit and Chris Cooper
    15. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper
    16. The Answer is No* - Chris Cooper and Kermit
    17. Are You a Man or a Muppet?* - Amy Adams
    18. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter
    19. Down at the Old Barbershop* - Kermit
    20. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet
    21. Princesses of Poultry* - Kermit
    22. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens
    23. It's Time For Our Song* - Kermit and Miss Piggy
    24. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets
    25. Get Out There and Help Those Guys* - Jason Segel
    26. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird
    27. How Charming, a Finale* - Uncle Deadly
    28. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast
    29. Mary, Marry Me - Jason Segel and Amy Adams
    30. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths
  9. minor muppetz

By the titles of some of the movie dialogue tracks, I have to wonder why some have to be seperate tracks, since some of them seem like they'd come right before (or after) the next (or last) music number.

The Muppet Movie soundtrack had some dialogue from the film between some of the songs, and those audio clips weren't listed as seperate tracks. I assume the other movie soundtracks also had between-song audio clips (the only other one I've heard is the Muppets From Space soundtrack, which doesn't). The various Muppet Show albums (not to mention Kermit Unpigged and probably Muppet Beach Party) also had dialogue between the songs without being seperate tracks.

Watching the most recent trailer, I now know who's in the Muppet Barbershop Quarter!
  10. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Looks like the artwork has slightly changed and the title will be on the left hand side of the case which could be on the back insert, and the promotional picture is actually the cover of the booklet (without the logo and titles.)

[​IMG]
  11. Drtooth

If it helps, when they used to release Simpsons Soundtracks... soundtracks, mind you, not the original song albums, the lines of dialogue, unless they were included in the "medley" which featured a song track were usually separate. in fact, they were listed separately as the case here.
  12. Frogpuppeteer

The Grinch soundtrack had some dialog tracks on it not attached to any songs
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the idea of having the dialogue tracks separate, so you can have just the songs on your iPod, or you can listen to it all connected, according to choice. Nothing winds me up more than songs with talky-intros, added rapping in the middle or people chatting over them (I'm looking at YOU Beach Party and Red and Green Christmas Rizzo and Gonzo's Most Wonderful Time of the Year.)
  14. minor muppetz

I forgot about that.

If dialogue tracks lead to music tracks it can be good to hear them back-to-back on the album, but if listening on an ipod, if listening to tracks in the usual alphabetical tracklist instead of by album, I imagine it could be annoying listening to a track but not getting the song afterwards.
  15. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Few people know this, but "Me Party" and "Let's Talk About Me" were inspired by Toby Keith. ;)
  16. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Jim Hill just posted a review of the album, and it's pretty positive! Now I can't wait even more! I am a bit worried about the one bad thing he said about the album, which is that there were a few off Muppet voices.
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Nice article though! Hi Beau in the picture!
  18. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I really wish people would stop using the whole "wrong-sounding Muppets" thing.

It's gotten well-beyond annoying.
    Drtooth likes this.
  19. Drtooth

Bugs Bunny in the Beatles cover album was a LOT more wrong sounding than any Muppet recast. :sing: And honestly, I barely even mind that. Billy West in the Elvis cover album did a better job. But I'm rambling.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Also, there's more to a character than just a voice. It's about the "performance". And the current Muppet performers have been giving great performances.

Who cares if the current voices sound slightly different from the originals? Don't tell me people prefer stale copies. :p

Saying the ever-so-stupid "wrong-sounding Muppets" thing is exactly the same as if someone were to say that Mickey Mouse has sounded "wrong" since Walt Disney stopped voicing him or that Donald Duck has sounded "wrong" since Clarence Nash died, thus it would be like slamming Wayne Allwine, Bret Iwan, Tony Anselmo, etc. (all of whom have done wonderful jobs of carrying on the legacies of those characters and "plussing" them), which would be awfully wrong.

I also left an anonymous comment on Jim Hill's article, stating my distaste for the use of the "wrong-sounding Muppets" term, and here's what he said in response:

As much as I take Mr. Hill's side in a number of situations, I think his reply here was very mean and showing that he just doesn't understand.

And his slam against Dr. Teeth's current voice, I take as a slam against poor Bill Barretta. :rolleyes: :skeptical:
    frogboy4 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.