1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, May 25, 2007.

1. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

The Animal that was at Comic-Con is the finished product... and I believe that's the same one that's in the pictures on the MR site. Here are a couple of shots I took at Comic-Con:

Comic-Con Story and Pics

:p
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

The new sculpts are for the puppets so that would go for photo puppets too, but in general, as it isnt for MR's photo puppets.
  3. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I am wondering what sculpt they are going to use for MR. I will have to ask Terry when I email him next time. Right now, he is finding out what the budget will be for her before they make her. I guess latex foam does not come cheap. :mad:
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks. That's interesting news! It's cool they're getting a bit of a facelift. Hope the new sculpts are a good improvement.

The impression I got from MR is that they are taking some creative license beyond the provided pattern and making what they see as a contemporary iconic view of the characters.

As long as the pig has a classic look and style close to the GMC era I'm happy.
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Oh no, I hate when they do a mix of various looks. Palsiades did that with some of the figures and it just didn't work for me. But so far MR has done well so who knows.

As for the muppets getting redone, I think the Piggy that has been used lately is rahter good. The one on Craig Furgason was great. Gonzo could use some redoing I think. His nose needs more color and I think they should go back to a more angular nose. It seems rather smooth these days.
  6. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm really anxious for those of you that ordered Animal to recieve him! I'm looking forward to the pictures you will hopefully be posting! :halo:
  7. MuppetCaper

Me too! Amy just announced at MR that the Animal shipment just arrived and that he will be sent out to people early tomorrow. I cannot wait to get mine. I will be posting pictures of him. I really hope that I won't have to do much with his hair problem. I hope it is ah-natural and don't need a lot of work.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm expecting to need to get out some scissors and clip some excess hair, but I hope not. Does anyone know if he's still coming with his collar and chains? The MR site seems to have taken the items off its product description. I don't mind the chains, but he needs that classic-looking spiked collar that's hard to find (as it appears in shows) anywhere else? Or will they consider that an accessory pack? At 400 bucks, I hope so. :halo:
  9. MuppetCaper

I am not sure until I get him. I have a feeling though that he might not have it and will be added to the accessory pack for next year. Your right though frogboy, I would guess that he would have his collar and chain with him since that is part of him.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree that Piggy looked beautiful!

I get your point about the replicas looking more accurate than altered, but what Palisades figures are you speaking of? Series 5 Gonzo was a perfect example of a mixture of styles gone right, while First Mate Piggy seemed scattered-looking in the final piece. By the way, some Henson Company representatives made many of the unfortunate changes to the line (they wanted skinny hair-up series one Piggy, removed the platform shoes and bellbottoms from Suggs and kept nixing the idea of Gonzo's beak from being any color but sky blue). However, as the line progressed they understood Palisades wasn't making cartoon representations of the Muppets. :)
  11. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

First Mate Piggy is a good example. Certainly a nice figure, but not exactly accurate. Gonzo was indeed great, but to me he doesn't look like any one Gonzo, which I guess is good. I dunno. I guess what I want is a replica of what I think the characters should look like, which obviously can't happen.
  12. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

I have just ordered Animal i will post pic's as soon as he arrives.
  13. Was Once Ernie

You're certainly entitled to do what you like with your property... but I'd be extremely reluctant to get a pair of scissors anywhere near a $400 collector's item.

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My focus is on the Muppet likeness, not the resale value. ;)

:confused: I've worked on collectibles and never understood the MIB mentality. I'm not dropping 400 bucks to display an Animal that could look better with a bit of subtle tweaking. I painted every Palisades Miss Piggy's hair and her Sideshow bust and haven't regretted it. I guess when it comes down to things I'm a fan, not a collector. Stuff is just stuff - the personal connection to it is what interests me. I do know others feel differently. :halo:
  15. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

Sometimes a little customization is in order - as long as you know what you're doing.
  16. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

I think I'll be fiddling with Animal to get him just right too. But I think it'll mostly be trying to get his hair to lay down (that giant bushy Animal I saw at the Con looked like he'd been under the blow dryer for too long).
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree. I think there's the assumption sometimes that MC members are the average consumer. :p We tend to be a creative bunch! I'm surpised by so many more cool MC artworks around here these days. We can handle a bit of light trimming of the Animal. That does sound dirty. :halo:

I just can't imagine wanting to buy him if I had to keep his hair looking as it did in the con photos. It's beautifully designed, but takes a true fan to style it - to his or her taste. ;)
  18. MuppetCaper

That's my concern too. I know that his hair has been sewn in one by one, but I want it to lay down. I really hope that won't be a problem. I will be doing a review for MR when I get him. :halo:
  19. Was Once Ernie

Based on my observations of the Comic-Con sample, I think his hair... er, feathers... er, whatever, will lay down without being cut. If you notice, his eyebrows are messed up on that one, too. They need to be fussed with. Those figures at Comic-Con get manhandled by the public. By the end of the weekend, the Kermit they had there was looking pretty thrashed.

But even the real Muppets need grooming. When I worked on the Muppet Movie, I had to fix up Ernie's hair because it was matted down from being in a shipping box.

20. MuppetCaper

Well they pulled the money out for him. Now the wait begins soon...when I get a shipping number. So looking forward to getting him in my paws!