Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

rexcrk

Reaction score
Cool, I'll definitely look into it then!

I actually have Kermit and Jack Skellington from Master Replicas. While Jack is somewhat of a letdown (no moveable fingers :rolleyes: ) I love love LOVE Kermit!

I ordered both of them from BigBadToyStore without a pre-order though. I may just do the same with Animal...

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine at 8:59 sharp...ha ha! Fix that nose! I am excited though...I know he will look great. So...a bit off topic...I was at Star Wars Celebration IV this past weekend and a dealer had an MR Kermit in the Luke Skywalker outfit holding a scaled MR lightsaber (like in those promo shots we hae all seen from the 80's). He wanted $400...I was like..."what?" He was selling the Kermit with it. Still a bit steep. But I got the idea for a display. In the famous poster we have all seen, it shows Kermit as Luke, Piggy as Leia, and Gonzo as Vader (like on the Star Wars Muppet show episode). I am going to have those costumes and helmet made for them...and Fozzie will get Chewbacca's bandelier. Not sure who Animal will be yet (he should be Chewy). I know...I'm a nerd. Once all these muppets are out, someone could start a nice little business venture making different outfits and accessories for them. :halo:

Davina

Reaction score

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I would love to have gone to Star Wars Celebration IV, but I couldn't. I never know way before hand when the dates are to go to get the time off. Maybe next year. You might be able to look in childrens clothing. Measure up the leg to get the right height and then just alter the side of the pants. Sometimes if you look in Goodwill or any thrift store, you can find some amazing stuff for props or clothes. They might have to be altered in some way though. I am waiting to get at least all of them by next year to figure out what I want to do with them. I am thinking once all sex are out, I will start making costumes for them. I am thinking about doing something for a holiday theme for a window display. We have a HUGE window. Now wouldn't that be nice with the Christmas tree and the Muppets all around the tree being there goofball selves. I have a lot of ideas I am going to be doing once I get my hands on them! hehehehe

Also, I forgot....Davina, not bad on the Sabers! You did an awesome job!

Telly

Reaction score
I don't know if I've missed it or if I can't just find it, but is Animal coming with his spiked collar and chain?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yeah, where did you get that one? I never heard anything about him getting his collar and chain. But that would be a nice incentive to the prop!

Garland

Reaction score
The Spiky Collar and chain would have been a nobrainer...but I bet it did not happen.

Egad! I just saw the image of Gonzo in his tux. Yikes! Anyone else prefer just a simple leotard and a silver cape than that salmon tux?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Did you see the picture that Travis put up? If you did, then this is all wrong Traivs said. He said that the suit is way WAY way off color and that will be changed as well as his nose! About the collar though, we all know it is a no brainer, but someone said that he will have one on the poser. We just want to know the source is all. Cause Travis never said anything about a collar is all.

Davina

Reaction score
even if he doesn't.. it's easy enough to find spiked collars and chain.. heh..

thanks.. the sabers were amazingly easy to do.. just some metal pipe hubby cut and polished then assorted odds and ends (adhesive foam, wiper blades, metal fittings and such like) depending on the size of piping used, it is possible to get clear plastic tubes that could be used as blades.. at least for the look, not sturdy enough for even mock battles..

and i love the idea about the Christmas Window display... and will promptly steal it as soon as we have enough characters out for it to be worth it.. we have a bay window that we usually put all sort of caroling and skating penguins in, so the muppets would be right at home there.... heheh