Presenting........off Kilter!!!!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I know half of you out there are Disney buffs...or have at least visited Walt Disney World a few times......and in a special place there (the Canada Pavilion in EPCOT, to be exact) there is a special band...Off Kilter....

I remember when I was at WDW....I was at the stage where I was WAAY too cool for my parents....so I decided to split while my parents checked out the different countries in EPCOT. When I met my parents again, my dad had a CD entitled "Etched In Stone" he said it was a band called Off Kilter. I thought..."great...middle aged men in kilts.....how many times must i hear amazing grace on bagpipes?" well I was too uncool to listen to my dad ramble about how cool they were, but when we got to the hotel room, I was forced to watch the video of them my dad shot that day....IT WAS AWSOME! It was kind of Celtic Rock and Roll, but so much more....they had songs that were Irish Traditionals and songs they wrote....the next day (our last day at WDW) we went to see them, but alas, they weren't playing that day...I was sad, but couldn't wait to listen to the CD....

I listened to it some and let dad have it....I became "too cool" then I sang Danny Boy for a vocal conpetition....I remembered Off Kilter had a version..and the rock and roll version calmed me down...

since then, I have been addicted! the CD rarely left my player (except for the occasional poodle hat) and for fathers day, we got my dad the two other CD's...I was in heaven...and much to my pleasure, my dad made me copies so I wouldn't steal his!

Sarah

well I had to rant....if you are interested in what my boys (what I refer to them as) look like check this link out: http://www.offkilter.net/

and if you've seen them...I would love to hear about it....

and I can NOT wait to go back and see them (mom and dad have mentioned the middle of May, as soon as I get out of school)

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Off Kilter is awesome! Men playing bagpipes does sound a little boring, but they give an amazing show! The audience at Canada always seem to absolutely love the show. Those guys rock my world! :sing:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
now wouldn't I be in heaven if I worked right around there.....

Sarah

if I didn't have other plans, I would work there